Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display not working

FIXED
Ambergriff
Dabbler

Re: Caller display not working

I'm still waiting for mine to be fixed.

It's been several months now and it is not helping my anxiety.

Need someone at PlusNet to sort it out ASAP!!!

Especially as I am paying for the service as well.

Not a happy camper.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There is no charge for caller display.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ambergriff
Dabbler

I have yet to be informed of it being free of charge as when I signed up it was a paid for extra. So I have to assume that Plusnet are still charging as they would have notified me otherwise. Also, does not fix the problem of it not working.

As the fix seems to be for Plusnet to remove it and then reactivate it I am amazed that this wasn't done when I first mentioned my problem to them months ago.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The notice that CLI would be free was advised in the price change communication sent in April / May.  If you signed up between late April and 5th June, you might not have received the advice that it was free from the next billing date following 5th June.

As for CLI not working, there are a number of causes from the CLI order failing through to exchange side engineering issues.  When you signed up, did you also upgrade from ADSL to FTTC?  BT Openreach leaving ADSL tails connected in the exchange is known to cause this problem.

@Gandalf - can you poke please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Ambergriff, I can confirm that caller display is free of charge. I think I've fixed the problem for you now. It should start working within the next hour.

Regarding voicemail, it does sound like you've got a built-in answer phone which isn't working due to voicemail on the line. Can you try turning the voicemail feature off in your member centre letting us know how it goes?

@jemd3, I've removed caller display from the line and will re-add. It should take around 24 hours in total and I'll let you know when the process is completed. If you're still having issues we can then raise a fault with our suppliers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @jemd3

Caller display is now added back on to your line.

Can you confirm its working?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ambergriff
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf,

Thanks it seems to have fixed the problem and with my phone now recieving the numbers it also displays the icon I was missing for missed calls. I wasn't able to find a way to disable the phones built in voicemail but as that seems to have had nothing to do with the problems I was having that's not a problem.

Many thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm glad to hear caller display is now working for you Thumbs_Up

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JJH
Hooked

Caller display does not work for us either. I cannot see where to 'post' a new thread to ask about this and I do not want to wait for 30 minutes!!! to speak/chat to someone. I tried #234# and the answer was 'Sorry, the service rerquested is not available'.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Does it show as being configured on the phone control panel in the user portal?

JJH
Hooked

Think so. There's a small square green dot against it (under "Other Call Features (not included in our features bundle)" - and to the right the legend shows such a green dot as "active" - presumably this means it is meant to be working?). Voicemail has the same green dot against it. As we have an answerphone I don't believe we use Plusnet's Voicemail. However, as the green dot is not a tick box which the other features have, it is completely unclear whether it is 'configured' or not!

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @JJH

If you use your own answer machine, then you will want the answer phone service disabled in the plusnet settings, as this is the 1571 service.

Are you wanting to use your own answer machine, or the plusnet service?

JJH
Hooked

But how do I 'disable ...the answer phone service...' in the plusnet settings? I can choose call features and I can see that 'voicemail' is 'active' but there is no option to disable this, if that is what you mean.

I want to use my own answer machine rather than plusnet's voicemail.

Sorry but this is all pretty confusing!

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @JJH,

Sorry for any confusion caused - a link to the "remove call features" section is in small writing at the top of that page. The direct link to the relevant page is here.

Alternatively, I've opened up a ticket on your account here. If you reply on the ticket to confirm that you'd like us to remove the voicemail feature and then drop us another message on here, we can remove voicemail from this side for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
JJH
Hooked

Thanks. I have since been able to speak by phone to the support team who thought the problem has been a technical one connected with our moving house...our caller ID was still somehow connected to BT(?). Anyway Plusnet have reset the feature and I should have it working soon, so they say.