cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display not working

Rob13
Hooked

Caller display not working

I switched from Sky a few days ago. Prior to the switch caller display worked fine on my phone, which meant that I could see the number that had called me and the name, if any, that was associated with that number. Since the switch I can only see the number that is ringing but where the name should show, instead of a name that is associated with that particular number, it always shows 110101. Does anyone know what is going on here?

11 REPLIES 11
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Caller display not working

Hi Rob and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry that we didn't activate Caller Display for you, that's now been done and should be on in the next coupe of hours.

If we can help with anything else just let us know Smiley 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Rob13
Hooked

I've waited until around 14:50 today to check but my Caller Display is still not working properly. This problem has only arisen since Plusnet activated my service on 11 June. Prior to that I was with Sky and Caller ID / Display worked fine when I was with Sky. Now my problem is that, whilst the phone number that is ringing me is shown, the name that should be associated with the phone number is not displayed: instead, no matter what phone number rings me on my landline, the 'name' that is displayed is always 110101.

I don't know if it is relevant, but I have just checked the status of caller display by dialing #234# and I heard the following message: "Callers identities will not be displayed".

Do you have any suggestions about what I should try next?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

In trying to find your account from your forum details, it looks like @JonoH added caller display to the wrong account. Sorry about that.

I'm confident that I've found your account now. Smiley

I can see caller display is definitely showing as active on your line. The first step in diagnosing these type of issues is to do a simple reboot, basically we'd remove it then re-add it.

This should happen within about an hour and I'll post back when it is completed so you can retest.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Rob13
Hooked

Having not heard anything further from Gandalf, I have waited until this morning to dial #234# to find out what the current status is of the Caller Display / Caller ID service on my landline. When I dialled #234# a few minutes ago, I heard the following pre-recorded message: "Sorry, the service requested is not available".

According to my Home Phone Control Panel, Caller Display is shown as being Active, but this is not the case.

If you have been having trouble identifying my account, I can tell you that I used to be with Sky and that my activation date with Plusnet was 11 June. If you like, I can tell you the last 4 digits of my home telephone number.

Hopefully, this problem can be sorted out soon, as, at the moment, I am not receiving the Caller Display / Caller ID service despite the fact that my Home Phone Control Panel shows that it is active.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for not getting back to you yesterday.

Looks like the order to re-add caller display is stuck.

I'll need to contact our suppliers and I'll post back shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @Rob13

Please accept my apologies, you might want to edit your profile as where it says Plusnet Username the name entered matches another persons account. It will help us notmake the same mistake in future when dealing with your queries 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Rob13
Hooked

Hi,

Any update on this? So far I am still without Caller Display 4 days after the activation of my switch from Sky.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Caller display has been added back onto your line as of about 5 minutes ago. Can you retest for us?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Rob13
Hooked

Unfortunately, whilst Caller Display is showing the number that is calling my landline, instead of showing the name that should be associated with the number, it shows 110101. This is the original problem I had. There must be something different about Plusnet's Caller Display service when compared with Sky's, Whatever that difference is, that is the reason why my phone now shows 110101 as the 'name' of any caller that is calling me. I say there must be a difference between Plusnet's Caller Display service and Sky's because this problem only occurred after my activation with Plusnet on 11 June, as I did not have this problem with Sky prior to the switch over. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

I suspect the problem may be to do with something called the broadband tie pairs at the exchange.

They would be different to what Sky as an LLU provider were using.

I'll need to raise a fault and I'll update you once I've done so.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've raised the fault now and we'll be in touch via ticket 176753743 shortly with more info.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet