Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display not working

FIXED
Saradwight
Dabbler

Caller display not working

Phone line etc taken over today by PN, but i have noticed this evening while working caller display does not work at all on my phone. I have done *#234# and it said it would now be displayed, does it take effect straight away or does it take a bit of time?

38 REPLIES 38
f513toy
Grafter

Re: Caller display not working

Me too - I transferred over to Plusnet on Thursday. Account showed I had Caller ID but it wasn't working. Called them on the number shown on the email and it seems something had to be done on another system to activate. Called Saturday, working today (Sunday) - didn't have to play with the phone.

Saradwight
Dabbler

Glad you have yours working, i have spoken to them this morning, and they asked me to dial certain numbers, it said i caller id would be displayed. Nothing still blank screen, so they are removing it, and putting it back will take a total of 2 days, pain as i work from home and need to know who is calling but will survive. If removing it does not work they are raising it as a fault.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @Saradwight,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. Is caller display working for you now that it has been removed and re-added? If not, please let us know and we will raise this for further investigation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Saradwight
Dabbler

All working well as of yesterday, thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear that!

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ambergriff
Dabbler

Having exactly the same problem, my phone used to display when with BT but now on Plusnet it does not. Would be great if it could be fixed, so that I know if it's friend or foe calling.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hello,

A warm welcome to the forums. PlusNET’s policy and practice around CLI has changed very recently. When did you migrate to PlusNET (order date) please?

If it was before 5th June, did you request CLI when placing the order?

Was the connection date after the 5th June? If yes and you did select CLI when ordering ... were you charged 99p for the service?

After 5th June CLI is ordered by default and is not charged for. This feature does however seem to encounter a lot of implementation difficulties in BT Openreach’s management systems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ambergriff
Dabbler

Hi,

Signed up in late April.

I am also noticing that the symbol that used to display any missed calls on my phone screen does not display so I never know that I have missed calls to check on.

This would indicate there is a problem at Plusnet's end. I really don't want to be phoning voicemail up everyday just on the off chance of a missed call but also, I want to know if I have any, so that if I get any I can phone them back as I do get calls that may mean the difference between staying unemployed or having a new job. Also a reason that I need caller display to work but it still does not.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

OK so you ordered service before June 5th - did you choose CLI which would have been charged at 99p at the time?

Have you checked your chosen phone service options on the phone control panel in the user portal?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi Amber, Sorry to hear things are not working the way you have expected. from your message I think your phone has its own voicemail built in and our lines come with voicemail as standard. I would recommend remove our line based system  by logging into your account here. It takes 1 working day for the voicemail to be removed off your line. please retest the service after our voicemail service has been removed and please let us know how you get on. LeeY. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team
Ambergriff
Dabbler

Hi Ndeg,

You missed my 1st post:

"Having exactly the same problem, my phone used to display when with BT but now on Plusnet it does not. Would be great if it could be fixed, so that I know if it's friend or foe calling."

You also seem to have confused the function of Caller Display (a paid for extra feature) with the Voicemail feature which is automatically included.

Even if Caller Display was working I would not know to check my Voicemail as the symbol is not displayed like it was whilst with BT. Also, whilst with BT the Voicemail was not stored on the phone regardless of the fact that it does have a built in Voicemail.

Plusnet need to check the setup of my Caller Display which I am being charged and paying for!!!

Plusnet need to also, sort out the Voicemail glitch that means I have no way of telling if I have any calls on voicemail unless I dial out so that I can hear the interrupted dial tone for a couple of seconds before the call connects and rings out. As I am more of an email and text person this does not work for me. I need it to display on the phone screen like it did whilst with BT.

Ambergriff
Dabbler

Hi Townman,

Yes I pay for it, there is no way around this. Please stop being patronising. I have checked the control panel and it is definitely selected as an option that I pay for.

Cheers.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

There’s no need for name calling when I’m trying to help you.

The fact that you were paying for it verifies it was ordered - many who report it as not working have never ordered it. The fact that you were paying for it makes clear that the order was placed before Plusnet changed the pricing policy (and ordering practice) for that option. After 5th June this option is £0.

Now that you’ve confirmed the control panel shows that the option as selected, this points to a failure in the suppliers systems ... not that uncommon.

@Gandalf - can you check the supplier ordering interface please?

jemd3

Hello,

Mine stopped working a few weeks ago, What do I need to do to get this fixed?