cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display not working

rocky22

Caller display not working

When we were with BT we had caller display and after a power cut it wouldn't work anymore.  BT told us if they sent engineers out and it wasn't their fault we would be charged, so we left it as we never had a spare phone to check the line with.  We are now with Plusnet and bought brand  new  digital phones , ordered caller display, and low and behold, caller display still not working.  Contacted Plusnet who reckon they have fixed a fault and the problem is resolved,  but it is not.   Does anyone know if we would be liable for an engineer call out charge as the result of getting whatever this problem is, fixed? 

2 REPLIES 2
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Caller display not working

Welcome to the forums @rocky22 and I'm sorry to hear that your caller display isn't working. If you private message me with your username I'll be happy to look into the fault tomorrow.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Caller display not working

Thank you for your PM and for your patience

I've re-raised your fault and asked Openreach to investigate your exchange as the broadband equipment is a common cause of caller display issues.

I've updated your fault ticket on your account, so we'll monitor the progress and will be in touch with more information once we receive an update.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button