Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display not working

FIXED
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Caller display not working

@Anoush  In Message 7 I referenced this topic, in which a customer was having a similar protracted problem with caller display for several months, which, as in this case, occurred shortly after a power cut.

No solution was posted, but I assume that PN would have on record whether the problem was ever solved, and if so, what the solution was.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
geoffcd
Dabbler

Yes you did and I followed the thread but couldn't find if the problem had been resolved and how. Anoush states that the tie pairs (whateverever they are) at the exchange are likely to be causing the problem, so let's hope it can now be fixed.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

An engineer was assigned to your fault this morning and our suppliers have informed us that they have resolved your caller display issue. If you believe the fault still exists please let us know.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
geoffcd
Dabbler

Hello Anoush,

Tested existing and new phone, but "incoming call" is still showing, no number or name, so the supplier is wrong, and the problem has not been fiixed. Please advise what is the next step in resolving this lengthy ongoing isse.

Geoff.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I have sent your fault back to Openreach for further investigation. We should receive more information within 24 hours and then we will call our suppliers again.

Thanks for your patience

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

This is beginning to feel depressingly familiar. Sad

@Anoush Was there ever any solution to the fault I referenced in Message 7?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

There isn't much in the way of information on the account in regards to how the fault was resolved. I'm on the phone with our suppliers now to progress this further...

[Edit]

@geoffcd Our suppliers have advised me that in order to progress your fault we need to arrange an engineer appointment. Please respond to the ticket on to your account so that I can book an engineer for you to resolve this.

geoffcd
Dabbler

Hello Anoush,
The problem seems to have been resolved at last. Thanks for your perseverance in seeing this through.to a conclusion. Having said that, I'm not happy with the response from Plunset overall. I raised this issue on 12th May on the Community Forum and you took ownership of the problem on the 27th May, after I had spoken to [CSA Removed] without really getting anywhere. You mentioned the Tie Pairs issue on 27th May and following 2 Openreach engineer visits establishing that my lines are working ok, it has taken a month to resolve the caller display issue. I can't be the only customer who has had this problem, so I can't understand why it has taken so long to sort out. Apart from the time and stress of phone call and emails with Plusnet and Openreach, I have had to spend £20 on purchasing a new phone to test out my line which proved to be fine. It would be nice to receive an offer of reimbursement at least for the phone from Plusnet. Hopefully the solution to this caller display problem will be passed to other Plusnet staff so that this issue is avoided in the future. Once again, thank you for your constant follow up but nil points for Plusnet systems.
Geoff.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed csa names

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.
Awesome, no problem I am happy that you finally have a caller display service. I am again sorry for the length of time it had taken to resolve the fault. Caller Display issues can sometimes be long winded, requiring followup calls to our suppliers to continually progress the fault down the correct path.
I've updated the ticket on your account with more information.

[Edit]

For reference should this thread ever be used to help caller display issues in future, I requested our suppliers to arrange a frames engineer to perform a lift and shift, and check the broadband tie pairs at the exchange.