cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display missing

goosey

Caller display missing

Hi, since being placed on PN by 24Talk who were bought out, we have not been able to get the Caller Display service - which is since beginning of Dec  Cry 
Engineer came out on Tues 17 and told us the prob was not in our home, but was a glitch in PN's computer system.  The latest communication from PN is that the prob is fixed, but it certainly isn't.  When entering the code: *#234# we are still getting the message 'sorry service you request in unavailable'.  Lots of people on Internet from all providers say that their probs were from the unbundling at the time of changing providers.  Does anyone else have any ideas please, as I have now threatened to leave PN and to somewhere else I've already lined up if it isn't fixed soon, because this is unacceptable.  We had no probs all the years we were with 24Talk.
Thanks
PS this is my first ever post to a forum, so I hope I've done it correctly Shocked
10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Caller display missing

Welcome to the forum goosey and yes you have posted correctly Smiley
Hopefully one of the DC Team will spot your post.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
picbits
Rising Star

I had a similar problem when I first joined - sometimes when the line it taken over it appears to Plusnet as if the CLID has been activated but it isn't actually working.
I know they flip a few switches  / drop BT an email or something like that and it automagically gets sorted pretty quickly.
I'm sure one of the digital care team will pick this up tomorrow and get it sorted  Smiley
P.s. you have chosen it as an option on the system haven't you ? It might sound a bit obvious but if you've not logged on to your account and activated it (it cost an extra £1 a month) then it won't appear on your line options.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there
Sorry to hear that caller display isn't working.
I'm just looking into this for you now and I'll pop a update on your question as soon as I can
Apologies for the inconvenience caused
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
picbits
Rising Star

Did you get it sorted Goosey ?
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: goosey
When entering the code: *#234# we are still getting the message 'sorry service you request in unavailable'.   

Where did you get code: #234#? and what does it do?.  It seems that the code may be disabling the Caller Display.  You may need different code to enabling the caller display.  If that is the case the what is the code to enable caller display.
Many regards,
Chandu.
2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

hanif248
Dabbler

Hi
My caller display is also not working, and when I dial *#1000# it tells me that call diversion is in operation - accompanied by the intermittent dial tone.
Please can this be looked into and rectified asap.
I've had nothing but trouble since I joined Plusnet, the internet sucks and now the phone line is acting up.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Really sorry about this.
I've just spoken to our suppliers who have made some back end changes which should resolve the issue by the end of the day today.
hanif248
Dabbler

My caller display STILL isn't functioning.
It's been almost a month since I joined Plusnet.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
I've just responded to your PM.