Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display displaying incorrectly

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Caller display displaying incorrectly

Since moving across to PN and subscribing to caller display, I have noticed an extra 0 being presented with every incoming call. For example 01767 is presented as 001767, 07989 is shown as 007989. It can cause issues when trying to return a missed call, so can I find out why this is happening please, or is it a standard PN thing?
Thanks
Mark
86 REPLIES 86
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Caller display displaying incorrectly

I can confirm it isn't a standard thing - mine works fine.
I assume it is interrupting the initial DTFM tone somehow so it is shown twice. Probably best report it as a fault but check with a different phone first and directly in your master test socket to rule out any internal issues.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Marksfish,
I've just raised this as a fault for you.
Our faults team will be updating you ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Cheers Adam.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Hi Adam. I have had no updates on the ticket since it was raised 2 days ago. I still have this problem and don't want to reply to the ticket and send it back down the queue again.
Thanks
Mark
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Marksfish
....reply to the ticket and send it back down the queue again.

That now doesn't happen any more Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Mark,
I've just checked the fault and it's showing as 'right when tested'. As you're chasing this I'm going to assume the issue is still happening, so I've rejected the clear back and said the fault is ongoing. I'll leave the fault ticket as is so the faults team pick it up over the next day or so and check again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Yes Chris. We don't get many calls on the landline, only have it for the interweb really. We had another call today, which is what reminded. Thanks for giving them a nudge.
Mark
picbits
Rising Star

If you do 1471, is the extra zero also present in that number ?
Sounds similar to the fault discussed here :
https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Extra-zero-quot-0-quot-in-front-of-caller-ID-numbers/td-p/1036088
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Yes, it would appear to be a similar fault, but primarily with mobile phones. I notice the issue in that thread was never resolved though  Sad
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Actually, going back to the phone to check, the numbers 031 are now placed in front of some numbers????
I just rang from my mobile and although my name and number display correctly on the phone display, when I 1471 it, I get the extra 0 in front Sad
If I dial 151 as in the other thread, I am told that number is not accessible, so not a Sky issue.
Mark
(it seems I cannot upload the sound file of the BT lady repeating the number to the forum. The attachment type isn't allowed)
picbits
Rising Star

Ok - if you dial 1471 and it gives you the wrong number then it sounds very much like an issue with the exchange / card etc.
It certainly just about rules out and dodgy internal equipment.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Strat
That now doesn't happen any more Smiley

Good news, so I thought but.... I can't attach the sound file to my fault report either  Sad
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You'll probably find that if you add the file to a .zip archive you can attach that. I can't remember if that goes for the forums too even though the .zip extension isn't listed as acceptable.
David
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for that, I uploaded it successfully  :). Doesn't work on the forum though.