cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display and calling Plusnet

The_10th
Grafter

Caller display and calling Plusnet

It's a shame caller display doesn't come as standard. I presume it's to do with customers only paying for what they need but does it really cost to have this option and as much as 99p?
jim:green title changed to reflect split off thread mod:end
47 REPLIES 47
swindonbaggie

Re: Caller display and calling Plusnet

They are the only company who when they discount your package (once you have paid basically a second mortgage on an 0845 number) to change it -  to not allow to renew it on their 0800 number after 12 months.And their customer service team are a disgrace. I was a Director of CS in retail for ten years in Retail and I was suprised when I was at the other end of the 'phone as a loyal customer how little they care. Put it down to the bluntness of the 'steel city'mentality. Or sheer lack of care. Virgin Media, for me, once I spend a day extracting the MAC key and spend a fortune in doing so...
They are a bunch of  link:censored
And to think, BT have a part in this scam.
adie:red avoidance of swear filter removed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

er = if you are on home phone, calls to the PN 0845 number are free, take a look at your call list, your call to PN should not be on there
https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_calls_made
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Quote from: swindonbaggie
. I was a Director of CS in retail for ten years in Retail

I doubt that very much, your posts are those of a spoilt brat rather than a seasoned professional.
If you read some of the other posts you would see the benefit of getting what you want politly and with reasoned argument  Angry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: pierre_pierre
er = if you are on home phone, calls to the PN 0845 number are free, take a look at your call list, your call to PN should not be on there

Calls to PlusNet customer services are free only from a landline for someone with a PlusNet phone service. The number to call to get a MAC key is different and may not be free..
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/request_mac_key.shtml#07.
IMO recent posts (including this one) belong in another thread as they are not specifically about the price changes.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

All calls including getting a MAC key are free - or are in the included minutes on mobiles
Residential Support 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 All day, every day
Cancellations 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 09:00 - 17:30 every weekday (except Bank Holidays)
Plusnetthepits
Dabbler

Angry Isn't it the case that BT line rental and TalkTalk includes Caller ID at no extra cost?  As far as I am aware, Plusnet charges an £1.00 per month for this on top of line rental, meaning that the actually real cost is £13.99 per month, making it more expensive than BT.  I'm not happy about this at all and it is highly unlikely that I will renew my contract once the 12 months are up.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Off topic posts from Phone price rise split off and moved to Home Phone
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: swindonbaggie

Don't feed the Troll

The_10th
Grafter

Quote from: Plusnetthepits
Angry Isn't it the case that BT line rental and TalkTalk includes Caller ID at no extra cost?  As far as I am aware, Plusnet charges an £1.00 per month for this on top of line rental, meaning that the actually real cost is £13.99 per month, making it more expensive than BT.  I'm not happy about this at all and it is highly unlikely that I will renew my contract once the 12 months are up.

It's true they include it but maybe just include the cost by default. If taking TT without anytime calls then TT is cheaper but add on their charge for 'anytime' calls and they become dearer than PN. Would like to see Caller Display included with Plusnet's offering for no extra charge or bump in line rental though; could have a positive effect on signups perhaps?
In 12 months things may have changed in this dynamic industry so you could be pleasantly surprised if plusnet do offer this and more as well as good ol' BT hiking prices again by then Wink
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Oldjim
All calls including getting a MAC key are free - or are in the included minutes on mobiles...

The FAQs need updating as they still show only an 0845 number.
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/request_mac_key.shtml#07
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
All call features cost us money to provide.
We did take feedback about this a while ago and started offering the most popular call feature (voicemail 1571) free as a result of feedback from you guys.
Ultimately, we could offer all sorts of features for free, but this would likely mean an increase in base line rental.
I personally am a big believer in offering the basics at the best value price possible, and then allowing customers to pay for what they need over and above that, rather than having all the bells and whistles but end up paying for stuff I don't need.
The_10th
Grafter

Don't frequent this forum too often so didn't see any poll @Mand on popular features and suspect many others don't come here either though.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

As far as I remember it wasn't on here but an independent questionnaire
I know that if it had been on here I would have voted for Caller ID as I have a separate answer machine
Mand
Grafter

It was a combination of forum feedback, customer survey feedback and the fact that voicemail 1571 was by far the most used feature. It was a while ago though (2009 IIRC).