Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Id activated in Call Features but not working on Phone

FIXED
jayef
Dabbler

Caller Id activated in Call Features but not working on Phone

Transferred our PlusNet account to a new address in December. All is working fine except Caller ID has never worked. It is activated in Call features in my account but when I dial #234# I get the message that the feature is unavailable. The last caller id is from the day before we moved out of our old property. We are using exactly the same Panasonic phones as previously. 

Hopefully this can be switched on somewhere.

Thanks John

13 REPLIES 13
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 27

Re: Caller Id activated in Call Features but not working on Phone

Hi @jayef 

I've been checking over your line and can see that Caller Display isn't fully active there so I've placed an order to activate this for you. I'm really sorry about this, the feature normally kicks in within 2 hours but if still notice it's not working by tomorrow, just drop me a message on this thread Smiley

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
jayef
Dabbler

When I dial #234# I now get a different message "caller identities will not be displayed" (originally something like  "this feature is not available")

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @jayef, it sounds like caller display might not be active. Can you dial *234# to enable this please?

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
jayef
Dabbler

When I I dial *234# I get a response that "... IDs WILL be displayed" but when I dial #234# I get the message that "...  IDs will NOT be displayed". I actually tried *234# yesterday with the same result. So that's odd & something is apparently still amiss.

Thanks John

jayef
Dabbler

Now I've had 2 emails saying that Caller Display has been removed. Is that something you've done as part of the process to fix it?

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ayye I've just been messing around with your account to see if we can get this working, I've now re-added it back onto your account so by tomorrow this should be working. As always, if not drop us a message on this thread and we can pick it up from there

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
jayef
Dabbler

Still getting the "...will NOT be displayed" message (Have dialled *234# and got the message "...WILL be displayed)

Also tried calling in just in case and ID was not displayed.

Thanks   John

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm sorry caller display still isn't working for you. Would it be a possibility for you to try out a different phone just to try and rule out if that might be causing the issue for you?

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jayef
Dabbler

Tried a different phone ... same result "called ID will not be displayed". The Dect phones I am using are the same ones I used at our previous property where everything worked fine.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for giving that a try jayef, I've reported a fault over to Openreach as the next step. We should have an update within the next 72 hours so I'll get back in touch when that comes through.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jayef
Dabbler

Have had a text and email indicating that Openreach(?) have rectified the fault but it's still not working ... getting the same error message to #234# (tried *234# with no change).

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Fix

This issue has a multitude of causes...

• In spite of what the Plusnet Customer centre reports, the service is not activated - this does happen due to B2B process hand off failures from BT Openreach - if using the right code states that Caller ID will be displayed, then the service is active - "getting the same error message to #234#" have you been flip-flopping the status?
    • *234# - Set Caller Display Data on
    • *#234# - Check Caller Display Data
    • #234# - Cancel Call Display Data
  • A faulty filter can cause Caller ID to be not displayed - try with the filter (and router) disconnected
  • A faulty line card in the exchange - usually the last thing BT Openreach consider
  • On upgrade from ADSL to FTTC leaving the tide pair in the exchange connected to the line will cause this fault
  • A fault on the line - doing a quiet line test (also check the number) can be helpful - dial 17070 and check the number and then choose option 2 - you can also chose option 1 for ring back (which should display 08003289393)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jayef
Dabbler

Unfortunately I misread the troubleshooter and understood that #234# was the code to diagnose the Caller ID status. So every time I "checked" it I was inadvertently switching it off.  - as you suggest below.

Following the below it's now working - and probably has been for some time as it turns out.

Anyway it's working now and thanks for sticking with this and apologies for the confusion/mix-up. In my defence the codes and messages are a bit confusing (if you do what I did).