cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID stopped working

GrahamF
Grafter

Caller ID stopped working

My Caller ID has suddenly stopped working this afternoon.  Incoming calls now just show "Incoming Call" on the display.  I have gone through all the checks on the FAQ page and everything suggests this should be working fine - but it isn't

I've also experienced interference on the line (crackling &c) over the last couple of days

I notice that other people have had similar problems (refer user GrahamDS  post on 12th August 2019)and this needed the involvement of BT Openreach to resolve the issue

Also BT Openreach have been doing a lot of work locally over the past few days (their vans seem to be everywhere) Maybe they've done something to cause the issue?

There is a post on a BT forum which also addresses a similar problem

https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/BT-caller-ID-stopped-working/td-p/1769174

Can someone look into this for me please

6 REPLIES 6
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Caller ID stopped working

Connect to the BT test socket, inside your Master Socket; dial 17070.
You will reach BT's line test facility. Choose option 2. If noisy report as fault via
link below.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @GrahamF,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Apologies for the delay in response there and I apologise for the frustration caused. I can see that this has been raised to our suppliers - more information can be found here.

Thanks.

Mable76
Hooked

Hello @GrahamF 

Was your problem ever resolved and if so could you please explain what fault was found and what was done to fix it?

I've been suffering with no caller ID for almost a year now, going round in circles with Plusnet and Openreach, and I too put the very same link you posted (BT forum) in my community forum post back in June 2019.

Any information would be very much appreciated, many thanks.

GrahamF
Grafter

It appears there was a fault in the  exchange which was causing interference on the line  resulting in noise on the line and compromising Caller ID functionality.  Once the exchange fault was fixed Caller ID worked fine again (and the line noise was eliminated as well)

Mable76
Hooked

Thank you @GrahamF for taking the time to reply, and pleased to hear that your fault was fixed.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Mable76, I am really sorry for the issues that you have been having.

I can see on the ticket here that an engineer has now cleared a fault on the line, if that's not the case can you please get back to us so that we can investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team