Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID not working

FIXED
paulslinger

Re: Caller ID not working

Thanks Matthew

I see it my account it says awaiting activation. Hopefully this time it will be activated. I will advise in the next couple of days.

Regards,

Paul

KeithAH

Hi LaurenB

This is just to say a huge thank you again for your excellent help in putting this right for me. I'd wanted to send this earlier but I had a problem logging into the forum (which is sorted now). I think it is fantastic that you pick up issues from the forum and then resolve them so effectively and so helpfully and nicely too. I much appreciate your work to sort it out, the helpful phone calls at times that suited me and the chocolate was just the icing on the cake (so to speak!). You are a star and a credit to Plusnet.

Many thanks

Keith

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @KeithAH,

Thank you for your lovely feedback for @LaurenB, it was amazing to read and I have passed this to her.

I absolutely couldn't agree more she is an absolute star and most definitely a credit to our team and company. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
NickyF
Hooked

Hi, My Caller Display is also not working. It is Active in the portal and I have dialled *234# and it confirms that Caller identities will be displayed. I have also tried moving the phone to the Master socket and removing batteries for 30 mins.

I phoned the Technical support team last night and the lady was very helpful but could not fix it. 

I also moved my 85 year old mother over to Plusnet a few weeks ago and she is very upset that the Caller Display is not working for her either as she is worried about who is calling due to so many nuisance calls.

She was previously with Talk Talk and the Caller Display then worked.

Both calls are logged under Questions 205481588 & 205922051.

Would appreciate any help. Thank you

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your post @NickyF

We've removed and readded the caller display feature for both accounts which usually fixes these issues.

Can you advise if you're still having problems?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NickyF
Hooked

Hi Matthew. I have just tried my home phone and it’s still not working. I can’t try my Mums till tomorrow.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @NickyF

I've raised this to our suppliers so they can look into this.

Let us know if your mothers still isn't working as well

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NickyF
Hooked

Hi Matthew. I phoned Panasonic today to see if there was an issue with the actual phone. When I call my home number it does display the number calling but not under the name it is stored as in the Phonebook. Panasonic thought they might be an issue with the phone, both my mother and I have the same phone so I would be a little surprised if both were not working. I am Testing from my mobile.

I have just been out and purchased a Binatone phone and this does exactly the same thing. It shows the number but not the name in the Phonebook associated with the number. 

Can you shed any light on this behaviour. Thank you

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@NickyF  I always thought that caller ID just provided the number that was calling so if you are seeing the correct number it is working as expected, why the number is not showing a directory name is  not under Plusnet's control so I assume it must be down to how the phones are set up. I don't think Plusnet can help you with this problem.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @NickyF

As @RealAleMadrid has advised above if the number is showing on the phone then that means the caller display feature is working as intended.

If it's not showing the name you have saved against it in your phonebook then I'm afraid you'd have to contact the manufacturer for support as the issue wouldn't be with us. 

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NickyF
Hooked

Hi Matthew

Having done some further testing today with the New Binatone phone I purchased yesterday and this does not work on my Plus Net line, I took this to my Fathers and plugged it in and straight away when I phoned, the name came up on the screen. I also tested it at my sisters with the same result. ( I have attachached pictures of this for information). My dad is with BT but does not have broadband and my sister is with EE and does have broadband. The Panasonic phone that my mother has also used to work when she had Talk Talk.

The main reason I switched my mother to Plus Net was so that she was not being ripped of my Talktalk and sold items that she didn't use and also because the package was very good value. For an 86 year old her main concern is knowing who is calling her, she can not remember all of the phone numbers and needs the names to be shown.

Can you please investiagte further at your end. Many Thanks

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @NickyF 

Thanks for getting back in touch. I am sorry but unfortunately as stated previously - we as a service provider can't resolve any features like phone book on your device.

If you are able to see number on screen - then feature which we provide and can support you with (caller display) is working fine on your line. This situation is more less same as if you would experience this problem on mobile phone - instead of saved contacts you would see only incoming numbers, this may be caused by problems with contact list/application on phone - but service from your provider and displaying number  feature works fine. Your mobile service provider would not be able to fix this 3rd party device or application problem.

Please accept apologies for this inconvenience.

NickyF
Hooked

Hi Tibzor.

I am sorry but I disagree. The phone works as per manufacture specification on a BT Line an EE Line and a Talk Talk Line with the name appearing when called.

Why is it that it does not perform the same way using PlusNet. That is the only difference? 

For elderly customers one of the key things is that they feel safe when answering the phone and know at all times who is calling. How is anyone supposed to remember people’s numbers nowadays.

Can you please advise who I can take this up with as it is not acceptable. 

Has anyone else on the community had the same issue?

Thank you

dajomel

Hi,

New customer with Plusnet having moved over from BT on the 17th September. As with the others I am having the same issue of Caller ID being activated but not showing up on the phones despite working previously with BT. What needs to be done to rectify this issue? Many thanks

FH

Hi Plusnet,

I am experiencing the same problem as others, in that Caller ID is activated on my account but is not working on the handset. I have done the whole *#234# thing but alas! it is still out for the count.

I'm wondering if it needs deactivating and reactivating as there are no other problems with my phone line or the phone features.

Thanks in advance,

Fiona