cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID not working

FIXED
simon-george

Caller ID not working

Hi - I am suffering from the same problem as a few others have reported : my account details say that Caller Display is on, but I do not get any numbers displayed. I see from the forum that this is not an uncommon problem. Dialling #234# says the service is unavailable.  I see this is a quick fix from Plusnet side - can you please fix this for me ?

Thanks, Simon

49 REPLIES 49
Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

Re: Caller ID not working

Is your landline phone compatible for caller display?

I had a problem with this, but the problem was my old phone.

simon-george

Hi - thanks for your reply but no, there are 3 separate caller display phones and they all show numbers from known phones as unavailable.  Also #234# reports that the service itself is unavailable.  The caller display feature is enabled on my phone account section of the PlusNet website.  Sounds like my issue is exactly like another user reported that PlusNet were able to fix their end....

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

@simon-george I'm using two (three year old) BT4600 phones on my line and caller display is working fine on them. My old phones didn't work with it.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @simon-george,

I'm sorry that your Caller Display isn't working. I've looked into this and can confirm that this feature is showing as active on our side but not one our supplier's system. I've placed an order to get this activated on your line now and it should be working within 24 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
simon-george

That's great, thanks - all working now Smiley   Simon

dustyjack

Hello Plusnet - I've had this issue for a while since I moved from BT and never thought to ask (as it's on my account too).

It worked on the phones I have at home when we were with BT, but caller display stopped when we moved to Plusnet.

Something your end perhaps?

Thanks.

Chris,

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi @dustyjack, thanks for your time on the telephone. Please do send me a private message if your caller display is not active within 24 hours.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
KeithAH

Hi, caller id is not working on our phone. I've tried the number suggested on here but got the unavailable message. I'd be grateful if you could look into it for me please.

Dal
Hooked

Hi, since switching over from BT to Plusnet last week, Caller ID has stopped working, dailed #234# says the service is unavailable. I spoke to Mohan In CS @ 15:30 22-08-2020 he reassured me this is a quick fix from Plusnet side by deactivating the service and then enabling after 24hrs. can you please reactivate this feature for me?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @KeithAH, thanks for your time. I have sent you an email discussion outlining our conversation.

Hi @Dal, I tried to call but there was no answer, I have provided a further response on your account here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Dal
Hooked

Hi Lauren, sorry I missed your call earlier. Yes all sorted, Caller ID is now operational I had to enable this feature on my phone control panel section after the service was deactivated by CS. Regards
paulslinger

Hi, I also have the issue of Caller Display not working. It is showing as active in my account. This feature worked when BT was our previous phone provider so should not be an issue with phone support.

Please can you help resolve.

Thanks

Dal
Hooked

Hi Paul,

You can try deactivating the service through your Plusnet Online account or call up CS who will do it for you, I’ve been told it takes approx 24hrs to reset the service, after 24hrs you can enable the feature online or phoning CS, may take awhile for the service to kick in. Hope this helps. Dal
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your post @paulslinger

I've carried out some work which should resolve this for you

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team