cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID not working on new account

davecumming

Caller ID not working on new account

Switched to Plusnet on 10 January for both fibre and phone. Got broadband working yesterday but I see that my caller ID is not working.

My account shows that Caller Display is active but when I ring *#001# it says that I have Call Diversion in operation (this is not in my account); ringing *#234# tells me that it is not available.

Caller ID worked fine on my phone with previous suppliers and I have checked that it doesn't work with another phone.

Can Plusnet fix this please?

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Caller ID not working on new account

Welcome to the forum. You may not be aware that whilst Plusnet staff do come along onto this forum, they do not actively monitor it to pick up requests such as this. If a Plusnet staffer does come along and pick it up they will do their best to resolve the issue. However if you want a more immediate response I'm afraid that you either need to ring and wait patiently for the phone to be answered or use on line chat. Be aware that the chat facility does not work if you have a pop up blocker on your computer. This includes those sometimes activated by default in some web browsers.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

davecumming

Thanks

harrow
Rising Star

Did you pay the extra charge for caller ID,

it's not free ?

PN, where did it all go wrong ?
davecumming

Yes, 99p a month paid.

Rang Customer Support and was told that it can take several days to get running.

Still no idea why *#100# tells me that I have call Diversion activated?

I will see what the situation is after the weekend.

harrow
Rising Star

Ok.

The way it works is just before the telephone rings a multifrequency tone is sent down the line to signal the caller display.

Lets hope PN fix it soon.

Thumbs_Up

davecumming

Friday afternoon I spoke to Plusnet who said it can take a couple of days to become active so i said that I would wait until Monday to see if it works. I reckoned that this had a minimal success rate.

Today, Monday 15 January, it still wasn't working so contacted Plusnet again. This time I was told that they could see that it was not running on my account and that they would put in a request. This sounds a better resolution, or at leats in the correct direction.

As a Customer Service business I would have thought that they would have checked that all my options were activated on the first day when they signed off my broadband and phone transfer to them. That is what we did in my line of work.

Sloppy business practice

harrow
Rising Star

And caller display can be put on via a keyboard command.

Good adverts, poor customer service.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @davecumming

I'm sorry to hear you've had problems with your caller display feature.

I'm a bit disappointed that this wasn't fixed the first time you called us but I can see you've chatted with one of my colleagues in our support team on Monday and your caller display should be working now.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet