cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID not working on landline telephone

Zafonic101

Caller ID not working on landline telephone

Switched from Sky to Plusnet (never had any problems with caller ID when with Sky) and now all I get is the word 'External'  displaying on the phone?
Spoke to Plusnet - they told me to deactivate and then reactivate the feature....alas...no success.
Anybody else had a problem with caller ID?
4 REPLIES 4
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Caller ID not working on landline telephone

Hi there,
Welcome to the Forums!
Have you tried dialling * # 234 # to activate it?
71delboy

Hi
I am a new PlusNet user after transferring from Sky. I have the Anytime 300 phone package with Caller id, and there's the rub - caller id doesn't work despite a year using it with Sky and several years before that with O2.
Support seem unable to resolve the issue and are convinced that it has been activated.
This doesn't seem to be an unusual problem with new PlusNet users, is it simply incorrect setup or is there another explanation.
Whatever the reason can anyone suggest how I can get this to work?
delboy
picbits
Rising Star

It seems that sometimes they need to manually reactivate it at their end - I had the same when I first joined and it took a little while before it was reset.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I suspect this is more of a BT Wholesale problem than a Plusnet problem, I had exactly the same issue when I transferred my landline from Plusnet to my current phone supplier.  The line had caler ID with Plusnet and the same feature was ordered with my new suplier but after transfer caller ID no longer worked.  My suplier confirmed that caller ID had been ordered correctly but they had to re-activate it before it worked.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.