cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID - how long does it take?

Flowerpotman

Caller ID - how long does it take?

After moving house recently, we requested caller ID to be added to our package.
That was done as part of a call to try and sort activation failure of our broadband service (a very long and painful saga that shall not be covered here).
The call date was 19th September.  Caller ID has not been added to date.  Something was done as it's showing as "awaiting activation".  There is a further remark above that it will be actioned "next working day"  I noticed this on 14th October and raised a question on it (actually I added onto the end of previous Question #91098981)
So, we've waited nearly month and nothing has happened.  I've also waited 3 days for comment on my question with no result.
I was a satisfied customer until the house move.  I'm not now.
I've had to make 3 calls to the helplines including the original request to move.  I've been on the phone for more than 45 minutes each time and the first call was 58 minutes to first human contact.
Took weeks to resolve ADSL connection issues.  Almost a month from first request of move to having working broadband.
Now this.
I'll be making a formal complaint just as soon as I figure out how.  Instructions and links don't match.
Not a very positive first post but not had many positive experiences with PN lately
Nick
4 REPLIES 4
Aled
Dabbler

Re: Caller ID - how long does it take?

Hi Nick,
Welcome to the forums, wish it were under happier circumstances.
Sorry to hear of the delays you had, I can see that they were due to a TAGs issue at BT Wholesale - which is always really frustrating. The order for Caller Display doesn't seem to have been placed correctly by our systems so I'm really sorry about that. I've added it on now though, and it will be active either this evening or Monday morning.
I've also refunded you for the downtime on your house move and picked up the ticket on your account.
I'm really sorry that you've had a bad experience and hope we get a chance to win you over again at some point.
Thanks,
Aled
Flowerpotman

Aled,
Thanks for your reply.  I'm happy to report that caller ID does now seem to be working!  So thanks for that also!
Seems that the forum is the best way to get results - a positive experience!  Although you need internet access to reach it..........
I should also say that the staff I've dealt with have always been apologetic about waiting times (I suspect they take alot of flack for it!) and have always tried to be helpful, albeit not always successfully.  I do also appreciate speaking to a call centre based in England.  However, waiting times are way, way too long and having to queue again when being passed between departments (twice when passed to the wrong one the first time!) is very frustrating.
As for the TAG issue...... two days to establish there was a tag, a further 4 days to find out what sort of tag it was, then it had to be removed, then a further 7 day wait for connection.  Should have been entirely possible to check for tags before any order for broadband was placed as the line was vacant for 9 days before the connection was due to be made.  I realise that some of this maybe outside the direct control of PN, but from my recent experience, the system doesn't seem to function very well.
Thanks again for sorting the caller ID.
Best Regards
Nick
PJW
Dabbler

Quote from: Flowerpotman

Seems that the forum is the best way to get results

On the basis of the above quote, I'll try a post here:
Caller ID stopped working on my line. A support ticket was raised (#93425078). Three days later, the 'standard' do this, do that, reply was sent. Having done 'this & that' I duly reported back no change. Another three days have passed and so far no response......
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi PJW,
Sorry to hear your Caller Display isn't working.
I can see that since your post this has been raised to our suppliers for investigation. Further updates will be provided when we receive them from our suppliers on Ticket: 93425078