cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display not working

picbits
Rising Star

Caller Display not working

Only just logged it as an issue on ticket 65329065 but in case anyone else has the same issues.
Caller ID was requested when signing up for the phone line.
Phone line transferred over to Plusnet on the 31st Jan
No caller ID available on the phones despite it showing on my account as active.
Tried two sets of caller ID compatible DECT phones
Caller ID has been working perfectly for the past 5 years on this line - it stopped working the day the line was transferred.
Ta
42 REPLIES 42
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Caller Display not working

Ok - a follow up.
Raised the ticket for this issue on the Saturday, had a reply on the monday with a few things to try - nothing worked.
Replied to the ticket on the Monday, had a reply earlier that it was going to be escalated. Got sidetracked by someone having a stress on the forum but remembered to read the ticket and by that time the CLID had been sorted.
Some hints and tips on top of the ones mentioned on the help pages - this is what I learned through some online ....
If you dial *#001# it will tell you what services you have activated on your line. Mine said I had call divert (although the call divert wasn't actually active or ordered). This message appears to also be read out when you have the answer service active. I've been into my account and deactivated it and the message has now gone to "No services active on your account".
If you dial *#234# it will check to see if you have caller ID enabled. If it replies "Callers Identities will be displayed" and you're not getting the Caller ID on your phone then chances are it's a problem at your end so try different phones / master test socket etc etc.
If you dial *#234# and you get the message "Sorry the service requested is not available, thank you for calling, please hang up" then the chances are there is a gremlin in the BT / Plusnet ordering system and you'll need to have further words with Plusnet on the ticket system.
Top marks again for Plusnet getting this resolved pretty quickly - I've been reading some BT horror stories where customers have been trying to sort out this exact problem with other suppliers (Sky / Virgin / BT) for months ....
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Glad to hear all's sorted and thanks for sharing those tips. May well help others who find themselves in a similar situation.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

snailspace171
Grafter

I think I have the same issue.
I get the service unavailable message when I dial that number too.
I have raised a case with plus net, so hopefully they will
Be able to sort it.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, just escalated that for you. Hope there's some resolution soon.
picbits
Rising Star

Fingers crossed it gets sorted as quickly as mine did Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Just as a point of information *#001# doesn't work on System Y type exchanges (mostly Market 1 rural ones where you are also stuck with 20CN broadband). *#234# does work though.
rk3rosin

have same issue my caller id not working since day plusnet transfered my line from O2.
When I dialled *#234# code and announcement says that "sorry the service requested is not available"
When I dialled *#001# code and announcement says that  "no services are in operation on this line.
Please see Ticket no-#66908853
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rk3rosin, I've passed this through to the Faults Team to take a look for you, they'll be in touch on the ticket in due course.
rk3rosin

Thanks Ben
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: rk3rosin
When I dialled *#234# code and announcement says that "sorry the service requested is not available"

It's obviously not got turned on for some reason.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've just got that raised over to our suppliers for further investigation for you.
rk3rosin

Quote from: Ben
Hi rk3rosin, I've passed this through to the Faults Team to take a look for you, they'll be in touch on the ticket in due course.

Quote from: Chris
I've just got that raised over to our suppliers for further investigation for you.

Thanks for hepl
It's working now
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Brilliant Smiley
If there is anything else we can help with, please do let us know.
pennbank
Grafter

Have similar problem that caller display does not always show, noticed yesterday when friend called.. Have tried  using my mobile knowing that number is not with held. Shows sometimes. But other shows number unavailable even though I am calling from my mobile with number not with held.
Using Gigaset SL910 only few months old.
When I dialled *#234# code and announcement says that  "Callers identities will be displayed"
When I dialled *#001# code and announcement says that  "no services are in operation on this line.
I Have caller display shown as extras
Do not have another CLIP phone
Have reported on ticket #67167934