cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display not working

GraemeT
Hooked

Caller Display not working

Hi we recently moved house, keeping plusnet and have caller display selected on my account but it is currently not working on the new line. I have tried the *#234# on the phone and it states that the service in unavailable, the plusnet website shows the service as active.

Can this be fixed please? 

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
DaveFleming

Re: Caller Display not working

Hi, I've got the same problem after switching from talktalk but I don't seem to be able to start a thread of my own!? As with GraemeT my account confirms that I am paying for Caller Display and the phones in use are the same I had with talktalk without a problem.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@GraemeT

From what I can see caller display isn't enabled on your account.

If you click Here you should be able to activate the call feature.

@DaveFleming

I've just placed the order to activate caller display on your line which should complete within a few hours, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
KateR
Dabbler

I'm having the same problem.  It was working fine with TalkTalk, then I changed the model of phone to BT4000 model and then it would only work intermittently if I took phone out of filter and replugged it back in. Then it stopped working. I took the phone back to the shop and exchanged it but the same problems. I thought it was TT as I've had many other problems hence changing to PlusNet. Alas, I have subscribed to this service  with PlusNet too but I'm still not getting Caller Display which is really important to me. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Welcome to our community forums @KateR

I'm sorry to hear your caller display feature isn't working. I've raised a fault through to Openreach now to investigate this. We'd expect an update from them within 1-3 working days. We'll let you know once we have more info via this ticket.

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
KateR
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf

Many thanks.  Yes it was a problem with my last ISP but only after I changed the phone, so not sure what's going on.  

Hopefully it'll get resolved soon.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries.

Have you tried a different type of phone incase the problem is the model of handset?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
KateR
Dabbler

As I said above, I took the first phone back as that was my first thought.  They exchanged it but still same problem.  The previous phone was working fine so I thought it was the new model of handset but I think the old one stopped once I tried to replug it back in or only worked intermittently. I am just trying a new filter. Just spoken to someone who works in company who make this phone and she suggested too that it might be the filter.  If not it could be the line.  Our internet and phone dropped completely today for a short while and then intermittently. I know you say to give it 10 days but shouldn't be dropping altogether. 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Let us know if you're still having issues after trying another filter.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team