Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display not working on new BT 4600 phone

Joe1929
Hooked

Caller Display not working on new BT 4600 phone

Hi,

I purchased a BT4600 blocker phone and logged into my plusnet account to enable the caller display, but the email I received said the request was the remove voicemail and call protect, which wasn't what I'd clicked, and the caller display isn't working anyway as I can't see any names when people in my address book call.

I suppose it might not matter about voicemail and call protect as I think these are built into the new phone anyway, but it would be useful to know how to get caller display working properly.

Thanks,

Joe

3 REPLIES 3
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Caller Display not working on new BT 4600 phone

First check: can you confirm whether, in your account details under "call features", "Caller Display" and "Voice Mail" have a "tick" in a blue square and "Currently active" on a green background?

What does the phone display for an incoming call?

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Joe1929 Setting call features through your member centre account is a known problem and does not work properly. You will need staff involvement to get it sorted. The problem is under investigation but as usual no idea of any timescale as to when it will be fixed.☹️

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

We've certainly made a mess of that. Sad

I've placed an order to activate caller display, voicemail and call protect which should take effect within an hour.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet