cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display not working on landline telephone

mattdb

Caller Display not working on landline telephone

Switched from Sky to Plusnet (never had any problems with caller display when with Sky) and now when the phone rings all it shows is"External call" or just "Incoming call" for a known number. I also don't seem to have 1571 active.
I have seen quite a lot of reports of problems with activating caller display - and if I call *#234# I get told "Sorry the service requested is not available". Dialling 1571 results in a long message starting "This line doesn't have a call answering service...". Both services show as active in the Home Phone Control Panel.
I have yet to find other reports where both services haven't be activated properly - which I assume is the problem in this case. Is it right that customers have to remind Plusnet to activate services that have been ordered? Seems to be alarmingly common...
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Caller Display not working on landline telephone

Let me go have a look at this now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry about this but for some reason the order hadn't included those features, I've placed those orders and they should complete within 1 working day.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Is your caller display working now? Would be interested to see if in the future you receive calls with a extra 0 in front of the number. If you have a name saved in the phone, it will still display that name, but dialling 1471 will give you the actual full number (if it is a problem).
Mark