cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display enabled but not working

Steve_Hoole

Caller Display enabled but not working

Just switched from BT. Caller Display was working on BT but doesn’t on Plusnet, despite being enabled on the account. This seems to be quite a common problem. Can somebody help me fix it, please?

5 REPLIES 5
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Caller Display enabled but not working

Hi @Steve_Hoole,

I'm sorry that caller display hasn't been working and for any inconvenience that this has caused. I gave you a call on the landline to discuss this - apologies for missing you today.

I've checked the account but have been unable to determine the cause of this problem at this stage as the caller display feature is showing as active on both our and our supplier's systems. Please can you confirm whether caller display still isn't working for you? If so, we will investigate this further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Steve_Hoole

Thanks Emily. Sorry I missed your call.

No, I'm afraid it still isn't working. I can see several other people have had the same issue when switching provider, and turning off the feature and re-enabling it the following day seems to be the first attempt at a fix. I'm happy to try that, as this isn't urgent, but it seems that doesn't usually help and the cause often turns out to be a faulty line card. Problem goes away once that's replaced.

I was slightly suspicious of line quality in general yesterday, where broadband was dropping out up to 20 times per hour. But I'm only on day 3 of DLM so left it to do its thing. Broadband seems a lot more stable today but the Caller Display problem persists.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thank you for your reply, I'm sorry to hear that caller display still isn't working for you. As that's the case, I have removed the caller display feature from your line via our supplier's system and I will re-add this tomorrow to see if this resolves the problem. I'll be back in touch tomorrow after I add caller display back to your line.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Steve_Hoole

Caller Display now working. Thank you!

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thank you for getting back in touch, I'm glad to hear that your Caller Display is now working. Apologies for any inconvenience that this issue caused you.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team