cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display / Caller ID

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Caller Display / Caller ID

well I pay £11.25 +£0.99 for caller display on the Heritage 240 (Minute free 24Hr/7)  and my O2 mobile PAYG I top up with £10 per month which gives me 500 mins from residential nominated and about 3 mile away, that includes caller display, I then have to think of ways to get rid of the £10, normally calling the outlaw from away from home, but they insist on reducing the call cost after the first few minutes.  I have now got £100 credit, must go on Holiday and spend some  Smiley Smiley Roll_eyes
mar7t1n
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Poppy - The BT T&C small print says - "At least two chargeable or inclusive calls must be made per month to avoid monthly charge of £1.50 being added to your bill."
Last month I made £0.00 of chargable calls, but had some free ones made at the weekend. BT basically do this to say that if you are using someone else for all your calls then you can pay them more money for extra services. But if you are using BT for all your calls but not making many and not paying for any because they are all inclusive they can hardly charge you for them. I used to make a couple of 5p calls to get round this but totally forgot this quarter but now realise it's not necessary. Just make your free calls and you will be fine. But do read the T&C on every service you use. I only use Caller ID.
Companies only include VoiceMail for free because they know it encourages you to call the person back. My opinion, if it was that important they will call you again 🙂
Not applicable

Thank you for the clarification. Agree about the voicemail - have always disliked it, particularly as you cannot turn it off if provided by BT.
Also, it wastes money because anyone who is not on inclusive call package gets connected to it and charged if the line is busy which is not fair as you may not want to  leave a message (I dislike leaving one).
Better to have an engaged tone IMO.