cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display (Caller ID) number formatted badly

iantresman

Caller Display (Caller ID) number formatted badly

Numbers shown on our caller display:

1. Are missing a leading zero, so (a) they don't match the number in the phone's phonebook (b) I can't use them to call back.
  2. Include a space character separating the STD from the number, which I can't enter into the phone's phonebook.

Who do I contact to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Caller Display (Caller ID) number formatted badly

Hi there,

Is the caller ID a feature of your handset or something you pay us for?

If it's the latter we'd need to look at that for you so feel free to PM me with your username if that's the case.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
iantresman

As far as I know, handsets and phone will not display phone numbers, unless PlusNet have been paid to provide the service. I'll PM you the details.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the PM, it sounds like a fault with that particular service so I've raised that with our supplier (Openreach).

I've raised ticket 144413651 on the account in question with further details about that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
iantresman

I've not had any feedback on this issue, ticket #144413651. Bizarrely:

1. The ticket appears to be closed, how can this be when it hasn't been resolved?
  2. There does not appear to be any way to "reply" or "reopen" the ticket, this doesn't seem right.
  3. The Help Assistant page mentions that we can "Ask a question or view your answers", yet there does not appear to be any way to ask a question.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

It looks like Adam just created a closed contact, instead of opening a ticket on your account to our faults team to monitor the progress of the fault. Apologies for that.

I've now raised the fault again and left an open ticket on your account.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button