cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call to 123 on my bill

concept

Call to 123 on my bill

Last  Monday I had a fault on my line which was confirmed by the master socket checks. I reported it to CS and they opened a Question 111277098 as they waited for me to request an engineer.
Later that day I found the line kept coming and going and and sounded crackly as if someone maybe working on the line so I decided to wait before requesting an engineer as I had a feeling that  it would somehow put itself right.  The next morning the line having been off all
night came back at at around 9.15 am. This made me very suspicious so I checked my phone bill and found that a call had been made to '123' at 5.01 the previous day leaving a charge of 50p to my account. I called CS to say that the line was now ok and mentioned the
'123' call.  There have been several posts on this forum about this sort of charge and it is believed they come from BT engineers making test calls  to '123' instead of using their own numbers. WHICH report also recently published a report concerning their own
investigations which confirmed that this practice by BT engineers happens a lot.
When speaking to CS I felt that I was not believed that I had not made this call which is supported by the call still appearing on my account.
In my opinion if a customer raises a fault which can suggest that work is being carried out on their line then any call charges  appearing on their account to '123' should immediately be refunded. Mine was only 50p but I have read about some that have been significantly larger.
Please refund me.
Thanks

`
5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Call to 123 on my bill

Leave that with me, I'll get that refunded.
I really really really don't understand why the engineers seem to do this Angry I can appreciate that they may need to test the line, but I don't understand why they wouldn't at least use a freephone number or have some sort of free dedicated faults test number to call...
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Like 17070?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Exactly like that  Grin Chris pointed that out to me earlier as well.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I really really really don't understand why the engineers seem to do this
Because it's simple and <cynicalmode> it earns BT money</cynicalmode> Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

concept

HarryB -  Many thanks