cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call protect "will be added...next working day"!

FIXED
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Call protect "will be added...next working day"!

So, when is "the next working day" going to occur? There hasn't been one since the start of the month, which was when I decided to "add" call protect to supplement my own (nearly full) elderly call blocker.

A different blocker has been added, though - the one to stop call features being added whilst as change is in progress Shocked

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
5 REPLIES 5
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Call protect "will be added...next working day"!

Hi there @PeeGee,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the activation of our Plusnet call protect feature on your line and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Looking over the account, everything appears to be up to date. To get the call protect active from your side you need to dial 1572 and follow the options there that will allow you to send calls from those numbers straight to a "junk voicemail" service.

Please take a look at the information here and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

PeeGee
Pro

@Mads - thanks for the reply. I have just checked and my account page does not include 1572 in the summary, the features page still shows it awaiting activation and dialling 1572 gets a recorded message "The service cannot be connected".

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @PeeGee

Thanks for getting in touch and I am so sorry that your Call Protect is still awaiting activation.

I have raised a task to escalate the activation of this for you which can take up to 48 working hours to complete.

We will keep you informed of any updates.

PeeGee
Pro

Checked again this AM (as no information received) and Call Protect is now listed as "active" on the account but dialling 1572 still gets the "cannot be connected" response.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Fix

Hi @PeeGee, I'm really sorry about the delay in getting Call Protected added properly.

While it does indeed show on your account it was added, there seems to have been some discrepancy with the automated system preventing it from being added via the supplier system to your line. 

I've now applied this manually and it should be up and running in the next 24 hours. Give it til this time tomorrow, try dialing 1572 and you should have no problems.