cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call protect blocked call and calling a UK mobile in Spain.

salmo
Rising Star

Call protect blocked call and calling a UK mobile in Spain.

I had a phone call from a friend in Spain using a UK mobile and it was put through with no problems. A couple of minutes later he rang again and was put straight through to 1572. I had not blocked the call and on checking the last number added was a couple of days before and not his mobile number. Any reason for this? I have international calls blocked but it is a UK mobile and SIM and he got through the first time.

I have anytime UK calls including mobiles. If I use my PN landline to phone my friend or his wife in Spain will I be charged or will it be in my inclusive minutes as they both have UK mobiles and SIM cards? One is three mobile and the other is Plusnet. I don't want to be charged as it seems pretty expensive! I could use WhatsApp instead but sound quality is not as good.

4 REPLIES 4
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Call protect blocked call and calling a UK mobile in Spain.

If you are ringing a UK mobile number, you will only be charged as if that person were in the UK. If you have inclusive minutes, they will still be inclusive, but check how long you can stay connected before being charged (usually around 60 minutes to a landline, not sure about mobiles).

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Any reason for this? I have international calls blocked but it is a UK mobile and SIM and he got through the first time.

Caller ID can sometimes be not transmitted correctly when a mobile is roaming. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

salmo
Rising Star

Thanks Marksfish and MisterW. I was hoping that calls to a UK mobile in Spain were included.

Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls

With our Unlimited UK & Mobile call plan, you can make calls of up to 60 minutes to UK 01, 02 & 03 landline numbers, 0870/0845 numbers and up to 2,000 minutes worth of calls to UK mobiles whenever you like. You'll also be able to make free calls to Plusnet support at any time^.

The above seems to suggest that I don't have to redial if I go over the hour when calling a UK mobile  even abroad.

I would be grateful if a staff member could confirm or let me know the time limit.

Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

There is a time limit of 60 minutes per call to be inclusive of a call plan before it starts to become chargeable when calling a UK mobile just like a UK landline and international call. 

There's a bit more information here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/#how-we-charge-for-calls

I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet