cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call divert

Anne5

Call divert

Called Plusnet this morning asking them to divert my call to mobile as my 2 house phones are saying out of range, they have checked my line and all seems ok so asked them to put the divert on for me as I can’t access the phone, their reply was I have to do it myself as I have this extra on my package and there isn’t a fault on the line, I have purchased new phones this morning but they need to charge for 24 hours. Is there anyway I can access the call divert through my online account 

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Call divert

Hi there, 

We have a guide here which shows you what to do and should get that sorted for you https://www.plus.net/help/phone/call-features/#callDivert

there's some extra information on this post too: https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Divert-codes/td-p/815262

Please take a look and let us know if you have any further questions. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anne5

I already have this feature with plusnet but my phones weren’t allowing me to access them as the power supply was broken and I had asked plusnet to do it for me but it seems that plusnet won’t do this unless there is a fault with the line, I have bought new phones but they need to be charged for 24 hours. So no landline phone for me until tomorrow, my question was asking if I could do it myself through my account online. 

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

It's good idea to keep a basic hardwired phone connected, or at least kept somewhere handy, for emergencies, power cuts etc.

@Anne5 wrote:

...my phones weren’t allowing me to access them as the power supply was broken...

That's another good reason. Wink

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Anne5 

It is technically possible for us to divert calls manually entering the requested number into the supplier system however we'd need the call divert feature active on the account first which would basically bill you for it.

We'll only provide a temporary call divert free of charge if you've got a fault with the line.

Having said that I agree with @198kHz in that if you can it never hurts to have a spare corded handset lying about. If you still need call divert feel free to send me a PM and I'd be happy to arrange this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anne5

I do have call divert as an extra on my account, but because of the issue with my phone I couldn’t access it. I only wanted plusnet to do the divert and I didn’t  expect it to be free of charge just wanted it done, problem now solved as bought new phones but they needed to charge for 24 hours so was without my landline for this period, our elderly parents only phone us on landline number so I had to contact them every couple of hours to check on them

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Anne5 

I'm sorry for the experience you've had, feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance in the future.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet