Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call data not updating, once again

Mand
Grafter

Re: Call data not updating, once again

All looking good here too.
When I can collar a friendly developer I'll see if there's anything in the logs to explain the recent delay.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Mand
When I can collar a friendly developer I'll see if there's anything in the logs to explain the recent delay.

That must be easy Mand?  By nature all developers are friendly good natured chaps (or chapesses!)  Grin
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mand
Grafter

Some are easier to 'persuade' than others. Wink
mal0z
Grafter

Now there's no web cams  Sad
We can't watch the guys with sandles and long hair  Grin
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Mand
Hi guys,
Call processing is a little behind at the moment. It should catch up over the next day or two.
The 4 hour update is unrealistic, I'm getting that changed shortly. The amount of calls we process now means the processing scripts take much longer than 4 hours to complete. 24 hours is a more realistic timeframe.

Quote from: nadger
Hi Mand
Not a bad idea to get 4 hour time frame removed as it does leave Plusnet open to criticism.
I'm sure that most of us would be perfectly happy to see the cost of calls the day after we've made them.

NO, I'm afraid most of us are unlikely to be happy. There have already been several posts in this thread stating as much. 24 hours is not an acceptable timeframe.
One of the considerations for taking PN's telephone service was the 4 hourly updates, although not between midnight and 8.00am was it?  I was never too clear whether that was for calls made in those times, or no updates would be done in those times. I believe some where not too long ago, it was stated that BT did not provide the updated data between certain hours, but I will stand corrected on that and accept there may be little PN can do about that.
However one of the reasons for the updates, especially the unconfirmed call data was fraud prevention something I've not noticed recently. But I have to say not having been making many calls, and they've been evenings, I haven't checked as frequently. Whichever, 24 hourly is not acceptable, a minimum of 3 times a day (ie. per 24hrs) may be acceptable.
Mand
Grafter

The script runs more often than every 24 hours.
The update to that page was just to set expectation that not all calls will appear within 4 hours (due to a combination of our scripts sometimes taking longer than that to complete, and often us not receiving the data within that time frame).
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: Anotherone
NO, I'm afraid most of us are unlikely to be happy.

Bearing in mind that I made my comment on 24th November, and you are the first person to challenge it, I rest my case  Cool
I really don't think the average home user cares as long as he can see his calls from the previous day - especially as I suspect most calls will actually be free.
Mand
Grafter

I'd agree with this ^
I am a customer as well as staff ;), but the vast majority of my calls are inclusive, for the ones that aren't I check them weekly at most.
mal0z
Grafter

I concur with Nadger and Mand - I rarely check mine more than every 3 or 4 days if that - except the 300 minute allowance for international calls.
It is really useful to know if you are close or even going over that - which I did last month when a friend was in Poland. And calls there are expensive for some reason ( use a cheaper 4p per minute service ).
Anotherone
Champion

Or if your other half mis-dials or stays on longer than 60 minutes for UK calls or 30 for international. I check daily if calls are being made, but more frequently if making calls that have potentially expensive outcomes.
@Nadger
I saw your comment days ago, I've just been too busy to stop and respond until recently, just like I expect most people are at this time of year. Responding to your comment immediately was hardly the priority of the year. I dare say there will be more comments as time goes on.
@Mand
The service is/was advertised with the 4hrly updates. As I've already said, personally I would be happy with updates 3x a day. But I do regard such a change as a change to Ts&C's for which I would expect 30+ days notice.
reserved
Grafter

Quote from: mal0z
- except the 300 minute allowance for international calls.
It is really useful to know if you are close or even going over that - which I did last month when a friend was in Poland. And calls there are expensive for some reason ( use a cheaper 4p per minute service ).

That's alright if the calls are shown fairly promply - I'm still waiting for an International call made last Friday to appear in my call list  Sad
Mand
Grafter

@Anotherone,
The updates every 4 hours were never a T+C's item in the first place. We haven't actually changed the way this works, we've just updated the supporting information to set expectation correctly.
Call data won't update any slower than it did previously. We're just aiming to reduce confusion.
Some types of calls will take longer to show up, as the data takes longer to get to us.
Anotherone
Champion

You advertise a product, you shouldn't just change it willy-nilly, Ts&C's or not. Just making a point Wink
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Understand that Chris, however we haven't changed the product or the call processing, just setting correct expectations. The call processing takes longer than 4 hours, so we want to give the correct information.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion

I appreciate that Chris, as you ought to know, but that's not how the average customer will see it, especially as most don't come on the boards. One minute we're told the system can't cope (to para-phrase) then it's claimed it can handle many more customers. Most will find that contradictory. And in any case how long will things carry on working - before it goes wrong again, not soon I hope.