cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call charges on Xmas Day!!! Bah Humbug!! Really!! Oh it's a Monday and not weekend inclusive.

Whereu2

Call charges on Xmas Day!!! Bah Humbug!! Really!! Oh it's a Monday and not weekend inclusive.

Call charges not included on Xmas Day when on an inclusive evening and weekend package that because this year Xmas Day was on a MONDAY!! 

So I got charged £3.48 for a 26 minute call to family on XMAS DAY! Not very festive.

Calls on Bank Holidays and other festive holidays should be FREE INCLUSIVE ......... Rant over! 

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄

14 REPLIES 14
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Call charges on Xmas Day!!! Bah humbug!! Oh it's a Monday and not weekend inclusive.

If I recall correctly, evenings and weekend packages don’t include bank holidays
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Whereu2

Re: Call charges on Xmas Day!!! Bah humbug!! Oh it's a Monday and not weekend inclusive.

👎

Whereu2

As many forum users have now looked at this post, if you would like INCLUSIVE MINUTES on a BANK HOLIDAY for evening and weekend inclusive minute users, please give this post a THUMBS UP and people power may just get Plus net to change their policy. Thank you. (Press this Fixed My Problem below for a thumbs up)

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

You seem to be harking back to a bygone era.

Many years ago, when the telephone exchanges were mechanical, there used to be a cheap rate, which included the Bank Holidays after a weekend.

As tariff changes were done manually, it was cheaper to do it that way, to save having to pay someone to come into each trunk exchange on a Bank Holiday, at 2.5 times pay, and change the tariff Smiley Wink

It was also a time when the GPO/Post Office/BT were run as a public service, which included the free 192 Directory Enquiries service.

Why would any ISP do it now?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

It may be in the T&C's that evening and weekends exclude public holidays.
Not checked but it may be possible.

So it wouldn't apply to Christmas Day or Bank Holidays, etc.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Asking people to give a thumbs up is a little unfair as there isn't a corresponding thumbs down button.

Mind you, the post asking for thumbs up had been viewed 41 times at the time of posting this and has only one thumbs up...

Whereu2

Why wouldn't any ISP do it now?

Umm let me think about that........

Ok Scrooge Companies are all about business and not giving back to there customers? It's Christmas and where is the Xmas spirit of the time of giving, being merry and peace to everyone wherever you are.

How much would it really cost to an ISP to provide a bank holiday inclusive call when it is already being funded by call packages that are not fully utilised? i.e. Made £2.00 of calls and funded £4.00 into a inclusive call package.

The revenue stream is already there so what are they loosing. 0.001%?

Is that worth Customer retention and a good Sales and Marketing strategy, I think so.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Call charges on Xmas Day!!! Bah Humbug!! Really!! Oh it's a Monday and not weekend inclusive.

Perhaps the question should be why Plusnet charge £3.48 for a 26 minute call when other companies would only charge 26p. Makes a discussion about whether bank holidays should be peak rate or not pretty irrelevant!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Call charges on Xmas Day!!! Bah Humbug!! Really!! Oh it's a Monday and not weekend inclusive.

At risk of stirring the pot - a better question is how much the broadband cost would need to rise to cover the loss of income from voice calls (not too mention line rental)

Using a supplier - possibly the one Jelv is thinking about - the cost for 40/10 is £35.40 compared with Plusnet offer price £24 although the non offer price is £33.50 so to my cynical mind it is all down to who pays for competing with TalkTalk

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

No need to stop using Plusnet for the broadband if price is the sole criteria. Even with the extra Plusnet charge for having your phone with a different supplier, if you make an average or low number of calls per month manoey can be saved by switching the phone only.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

except you probably won't get a good deal for broadband only

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

The free directory enquiry service continued for some years after BT was privatised. 

They did experiment with various discounts over the 'festive period', e.g. one year every third minute was free.  It does seem unfair that bank holidays, perhaps especially Christmas Day, are not treated in the same way as weekends.  If the idea is to charge less at times when the demand is lower, Christmas Day must have the lowest business usage of any day of the year leaving a lot of spare capacity.

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

If I was trying to defend treating Christmas Day as a normal weekday for call charging purposes (which I'm not!), it could be argued that there is an abnormally high volume of social calls on that day, and hence an impact on capacity.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Whereu2

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the call charges you have received. We really do appreciate your feedback and we will pass it on to the relevant team. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team