Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call charge while on unlimited package

apollo1
Grafter

Call charge while on unlimited package

Hi

I have been charged for an international call , landline, (£1.72) while i have the international package, calls after this and before this show as zero charge as they should, could someone have a look at the account to see whats happening?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Call charge while on unlimited package

Hi @apollo1

International calls become chargeable after 30 minutes, unfortunately it looks like the duration of the call in question was around 46 minutes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
apollo1
Grafter

Hi Harry

Thanks for the information.

This info was not at all presented when signing up for the package. Maybe this needs highlighting clearer on the product page when signing up.

Just checked this page

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/#anytime-international-discounted-calls

And no mention of any restrictions on time limits

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 383

And no mention of any restrictions on time limits

There is , but it's not where you would expect it!Roll_eyes It's in the 'How we charge for calls' section rather than the 'Anytime International' section where you might expect it to be.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As MisterW has pointed out, under How we charge for calls:

Inclusive call length

• Inclusive calls to UK numbers become chargeable after 60 minutes
  • Inclusive calls to international numbers become chargeable after 30 minutes
  • Calls to Plusnet Support are free for the duration of the call, regardless of length
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

This sounds exactly like the upload speed information that was highlighted a while back.

Where upload speeds are on "another page" and not on the front page with download speeds where you would expect them to be.

Hidden on "another page" is the internet equivalent of small print. Of course it will be said the information is there you just have to look for it. Similar to what is said about small print.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@billnotben wrote:

Hidden on "another page"

It's not on another page. It's on the same page under the heading How we charge for calls.

As far as I'm aware, the charging on international calls hasn't changed (At least in the 4 years that I've been here), there has always been a 30 minute limit on international calls before they become chargeable.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I think you know full well that the point being made is that the information isn't where the customer expects to see it. As you also must know this has similarly been raised a number of times about upload speeds.

I see little point in threads such as "Help us improve the Plusnet Website" if customer feedback freely given on the forum about the very same website is ignored.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

If anyone is unhappy with the way Plusnet have presented the information, then please remember that any website conducting business in the UK comes under the auspices of the Advertising Standards Agency (ASA).

All consumers can complaint directly to the ASA at https://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain.aspx

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT