cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call barring

Rikaitch
Grafter

Call barring

In the past year, my phone bill has slowly crept upwards. This isn't because of taxation, inflation or additional costs at PN. This is because my son has been phoning his friends on their mobiles. My last bill was £66 for a month, and I wasn't impressed. So, I sent a ticket to PN and they said "there's nothing we can do."
I know this has sort of been covered here, but PN should look into having a "controlled call" option, barring mobiles or other numbers that could cost money. I'd rather pay £2 a month for that rather than pay £60! Does anyone have any suggestions or comments at PN?
8 REPLIES 8
James
Grafter

Re: Call barring

Unfortunately this isn't something that we can offer.
We don't have the fuctionaility (via Openreach) to block mobile calls.  We can block all, block premium rate, but not mobiles I'm afraid.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

what about this on another thread?
Quote from: Matt
Hi nero,
I'll add a ticket to your account for you with details, if you return that to us letting us know what would be best we'll get it sorted for you.
Hope that helps,
James
Grafter

Erm, isn't that thread about lowering someone's credit limit rather than barring mobile calls?
Or have I completely missed the point?
Sorry - Rik, I was under the impression that you were looking into a way where you could prevent your son from making calls to mobiles?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

yes but it is for the same reason - Children bumping up the phone bill
James
Grafter

Yes, but he doesn't want his calls being barred because of his kids making calls to mobiles.
At least that's my understanding.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Buy the boy a PAYG mobile phone with X amount of credit a month then bar him from using the L/L phone. That's what I did with my gradsons and it worked.
nero

can you please help me block all calls on my land line, the primary objective of getting this is service is because of broadband and not making me pay 85 pound on phone bill excluding broadband bill of 11 pounds a month
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Remove the telephone and lock it away