cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call barring on Plusnet

zahidworld

Call barring on Plusnet

Hi guys
When I was with BT, they gave me a call barring option so that no one can use my landline to make outgoing calls until I enter my code and allow it. Of course, I had to pay a little bit extra for this.
It was like this :
LOCK : *341#
UNLOCK : #341* CODE #

Does Plusnet do something like this for their landline service?
Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Call barring on Plusnet

**unplug##  works for me.
James
Grafter

Hi,
I'm afraid that we're currently unable to offer permanent outbound call blocking.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

zahidworld was enquiring about TEMPORARY blocking of outbound calls. Did you mean to say that was what Plusnet cannot offer? I ask as a year ago Plusnet was able to PERMANENTLY block ALL outbound calls but not offer what zahidworld  is enquiring about.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,87198.msg724624.html#msg724624
James
Grafter

We *can* block outbound calls, but we can't guarantee that it will remain blocked.
If such an option were requested, advising that they are aware that we cannot guarantee it, it could be done, but there would be a charge of £5.87 for it to be removed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

zahidworld

Quote from: Jameseh
We *can* block outbound calls, but we can't guarantee that it will remain blocked.
If such an option were requested, advising that they are aware that we cannot guarantee it, it could be done, but there would be a charge of £5.87 for it to be removed.

Thanks for the reply Jameseh.
How much is the monthly charge for the call barring and I am not sure what you mean by  PLusnet cannot guarantee that outbound calls cannot be made. What is the details for this service as well?>Do I enter a code like I did with BT?
Thanks.
zahidworld

Cry
James
Grafter

Sorry, I don't post on here that often Smiley
There is no charge for adding call barring, but there would be a fee of £5.76 (I think) for it to be removed.
But again, we can't guarantee that it would remain blocked indefinitely.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Couldn't resist - see picture  Shocked
Who upset James or did someone have a go with the cricket bat  Undecided
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: zahidworld
What is the details for this service as well? Do I enter a code like I did with BT?

The service that Plusnet is offering is to block ALL outbound calls until you request them to remove the blocking. This is not something that you can turn on and off in an instant by keying numbers into your phone nor is it possible to select which calls are blocked with this service.