cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Set Up Fees

Disgruntled99
Dabbler

Call Set Up Fees

I don't know how many of us use our landline to ring our mobiles when we can't find them. Quite a few I'd guess! For the last couple of months I've noticed some extra charges appearing on my Anytime contract. When I spoke to customer Service they told me it was for calls to mobile numbers (they were mine or my wifes) the phone was never answered because as soon as the mobile phone rang, we hung up. But Plusnet are now charging 37p every time we do just this. It is made up of a 22p call set fee (connection) and the minimum of one minute phone call even if we don't answer. I said to customer service, why weren't we informed about this change of policy and he replied "it isn't a change of policy, we never used to charge for it but now we do"!! I said, "well that constitutes a change of policy". He disagreed.

Be warned people, look at those bills at the end of each month!!

9 REPLIES 9
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Call Set Up Fees

Hey @Disgruntled99,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry to hear you've had a time of it trying to get call charge info and I apologise for any misinformation given.

We've always charged a set up fee whenever calling any number outside your call plan, plus 15p per minute for mobiles/13.5p per minute for UK landline calls. These prices will be changing as of 03/12/19 - you can find more info here.

Thanks.

Disgruntled99
Dabbler

Well I gotta say, it's only the last couple of months that I've seen it on my bills, and I've been doing it for somewhat longer than that

Regards

Disgruntled99
Dabbler

One more thing. So if I dial 09 number but hang up before it is answered that would also incur your set up, or as most people would call it, a connection charge.

Thanks in advance for your reply

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Disgruntled99,

To see all of our call tariffs broken down, please refer to this article on our site. It should have all the information that you need, but if you have any further queries then please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Disgruntled99
Dabbler

Instead of me reading it quietly on my own, why couldn't you just answer yes or no, so at least the rest of the community can have clarification

Regards 

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Disgruntled99. Just to clarify, we don't charge for calls unless the calls connect to a network. This can be if the call is picked up or goes to voicemail. If the line keeps on ringing or if you hang up before it connects, you wont be charged.  I'd perhaps recommend if you're trying to locate a misplaced mobile phone or something along these lines, when calling the mobiles to just hang up before it goes through to voicemail to help prevent unnecessary charges.

Disgruntled99
Dabbler

Well I shall be keeping a tab on the situation, as neither my wife or I think we answered, because as soon as we hear the phone we hang up. But thank you for the replies.

Disgruntled99
Dabbler

You were saying just to clarify!

"unless the calls connect to a network"

Does that mean as soon as the mobile that is being called rings?

Mav
Fixes: 515

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still