cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Records

paulby
Grafter

Call Records

Is there any update on the progress of the call records issue?
Service status hasn't changed and it was due to be updated yesterday.
12 REPLIES 12
paulby
Grafter

Re: Call Records

I see that Service Status has now been updated - thanks Mand!
bill
Grafter

Quote from: Paul_B
I see that Service Staus has now been updated - thanks Mand!

Mine is still stuck at 03 Dec 07.
[Moderator's note by billbo : Please don't quote proceeding post - see Forum Rules. http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_quote]
craig_p
Grafter

mine is stuck at 02/12/2007.  not very good for my first month on home phone !!!!!! whats going on?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I updated the Service Status message yesterday to advise of the current position.
The likelihood is that it will be early next week before your call records are up to date, and Tuesday/Wednesday by the time your calls have been confirmed.
Having almost real time call stats is one of the things which makes our Home Phone products stand out, and I'd just like to once again apologise for any inconvenience caused here.
I can assure you this is not standard for our service. The last issue with Home Phone call records was back in February of this year, which I think illustrates the usual reliability of the service.
paulby
Grafter

Mand,
Will it be next week too before the "near live" aspect starts working again or should call records be going through now with just catch up on the old stuff?
Not a problem either way (for me at least!).
Paul
Mand
Grafter

Hi Paul,
It will be next week before everything is back to normal with new call records, as we have to process the backlog before we can process the newer information.
bobboulby
Grafter

I'm curious to know how the unconfirmed/confirmed calls thing works. Are there two feeds from BT - one with an initial call record and a further one with a confirmation record? I suppose I don't really understand what an unconfirmed call is.
Bob
bill
Grafter

That is an interesting question.
cp:blue Full quote of the preceding post removed. mod:end
Mand
Grafter

That's pretty much it to be honest.
We receive one report every day (which is displayed to you as unconfirmed calls). We receive another report each evening, which confirms previous unconfirmed calls (usually from the day before). This report marks the call as 'confirmed' in your control panel.
As we haven't been able to process either report, and can't run both at once, we decided to run all the 'unconfirmed' reports first, and then run all the 'confirmed' reports. As there aren't usually differences between the two you should have a reliable record of your calls by Monday morning.
paulby
Grafter

A nice addition to call records would be the actual destination dialled - i.e. not just the phone number but the name of the town as well. 
We had this with BT, TalkTalk and Telewest and found it useful as it was easier to identify who we'd phoned!!!
Any chance of PN including this in the future?
bobboulby
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
That's pretty much it to be honest.
We receive one report every day (which is displayed to you as unconfirmed calls). We receive another report each evening, which confirms previous unconfirmed calls (usually from the day before). This report marks the call as 'confirmed' in your control panel.

Thanks Mand but I still don't get what an unconfirmed call is - either I make a call or I don't. How can a call have two statuses?
Bob
mhi
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
We receive one report every day (which is displayed to you as unconfirmed calls). We receive another report each evening, which confirms previous unconfirmed calls (usually from the day before).

But on my Calls Made list in the PlusNet member centre, it says, "Call data is refreshed every 4 hours from 08:00 to 24:00." That's more often than once a day, isn't it? And while I'm grumbling, that same page also claims "Calls with a duration of less than 60 seconds are rounded up to one minute" -- which is true, but not the whole truth. Practically all calls, not just short ones, are now rounded up to whole minutes, aren't they?