cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Protect not working

gavmoulds
Hooked

Call Protect not working

Well......what a surprise. Despite several calls to plusnet customer service and keep being told it is active it just does not work.

WHAT IS THE POINT. Just realised that Ieft plusnet some years ago. Now I remember why. USELESS.

5 REPLIES 5
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Call Protect not working

Hi @gavmoulds - thanks a lot for reaching out.

I think I've managed to sort this out for you Smiley

In order for Plusnet Call Protect to work, the following features need to be enabled on the line:

• Choose to Divert
  • Voicemail 1571 with Greeting

I've just manually placed the orders to have these features enabled, this should get Plusnet Call Protect working for you.

Give it a go tomorrow morning and feel free to reach out if you're still having problems.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
petertinypop
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi looks like your issue is already solved
Thanks for posting here
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good morning @gavmoulds

The orders to change the features on the line are now complete, feel free to give us a shout if you have any further queries at all Smiley

Adam
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@adam945 

Hi Adam,

Is there any insight as to why those features were not enabled?

Is there any user documentation which states that they are required and can a user see if the are active on their account?

Who is responsible to setting them up when CP is ordered?

Does the user need to set up the greeting or will the default greeting suffice?

Does the CP help guide need to be updated?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good morning @Townman

there are a number of reasons why this might occur. The main thing to note is that there can only be one order on a line at any given time. So let's say Plusnet Call Protect was added to an account while a Renumber order was through, the orders to add the relevant features onto the line will not go through.This is quite common when for instance, Call Display is removed, and Plusnet Call Protect is added on the same day.

This can also occur if there are any incorrect details showing on the account, for instance, if the landline number is incorrect, our automated system will not be able to place the orders.

No individuals in the business are responsible for ensuring that the orders have gone through, although if an order fails, an automated ticket should be placed in our Provisioning Team's workflow, the problem is, they're not too familiar with the process involved to enable Plusnet Call Protect, so this can be overlooked, and the Ticket can be closed stating "no action required".

Users don't HAVE to set up a greeting, though the feature, as far as I know, needs to be enabled on the line.

As it stands, I'm unable to find any documentation stating that these features have to be on the line, because it's incorrect, our automated system would place the orders to enable them when the request for PCP is put through.

Adam