cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Protect list is FULL - what now?

Kryten
Rising Star

Call Protect list is FULL - what now?

What are my options now with a full list please? How many numbers is that? I have tried listening to option 3 at 1572 which reads out the least effective numbers, but that takes absolutely forever. I think the best option is to empty the entire library and start again? Unless PlusNet improves this feature by giving us an online control panel to edit numbers?

18 REPLIES 18
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Call Protect list is FULL - what now?

Hi @Kryten

Thanks for getting in touch.

The maximum number of contacts that you can add to your blacklist is 100. Unfortunately, once you hit this limit there isn't any way or expanding this capacity and you would need to edit or remove the numbers as you've noted.

I'd also recommend ensuring that you've registered for the Telephone Preference Service to minimize the number of unsolicited contacts wherever possible.

Best Wishes,

Dave

Kryten
Rising Star

Thanks Dave.

Can you tell me how to edit or delete numbers from my list please? I assume you don't offer an online control panel for that yet?

As for TPS, I've been with them over 20 years. Not so sure that helps very much in some cases though.

Cheers.

drwright
Dabbler

Another voice of support for a way of editing the list of barred telephone numbers. Like Kryten I have registered with TPS but the vermin still get through.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Can you tell me how to edit or delete numbers from my list please?

I believe you'll need to do that by dialling 1572.

I assume you don't offer an online control panel for that yet?

Unfortunately not.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kryten
Rising Star

Thanks for that Gandalf. I had a quick try at 1572 and -> options but I'll have to dig a bit deeper. There is no choice to Delete all saved numbers. So more time is required to press more option buttons.

drwright
Dabbler

I expect that this requirement is on the must do list of work.  If not, it is a terrible failing in the understanding of customers needs while they are being plagued by junk phone calls.

or

Increase the number of junk phone numbers that be stored by the customer.  But accepting that the number will continue to expand.

Kryten
Rising Star

Yes, agreed. Bearing in mind Plusnet is part of BT, you would expect something more advanced wouldn't you? I mean have you tried 1572 and listened to the woman who is about to slash her wrists? Just awful. Well, we're about to get fibre to the door soon, so I will probably switch soon after 8 years with Plusnet.

Kryten
Rising Star

Actually Anoush there doesn't seem to be an option at 1572 to delete my entire list and start again? Can you actually confirm it is possible? If it does exist it isn't clear.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Did this get resolved?  @Gandalf

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

drwright
Dabbler

No - no response from PN, so not resolved - the service is a bought in service and so it is not in PN's area of responsiblity.

Kryten
Rising Star

Thanks for resurrecting this thread guys. No as stated by drwright, not resolved. Maybe the only option is to cancel this service and then re-install it. Can PS cope with that ? Well at least it's a free service if you can call it that.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Kryten

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with this. The Plusnet Call Protect should allow you the option to amend the list you have already set up. The menu options are shown below;

Call Protect Menu Dial 1572
Main Menu
  1. Press 1 to add the last answered call to your diverted caller list.
  2. Press 2 to remove the last entry from your diverted caller list.
  3. Press 3 to listen to your 1572 messages.
  4. Press 4 to change your personal options including –
    Plusnet's diverted list
    Your diverted list
    Diverted call groups
    VIP list
    DND settings
    Or hold to hear these menu options again

Please let us know how you get on. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
drwright
Dabbler

Thanks for your response - however if you have many numbers on the block list and you can not add any more numbers then we need a way to review all the numbers so that one can choose which numbers can be unblocked. 

What is required is a way to have a list of all the numbers so that one can edit the numbers. Access to this information via  a web page is needed - It could be a chargeable extra and so enable PN to get revenue from this service.

Kryten
Rising Star

Agreed, we need either a 'Delete all numbers option' or a web interface to edit them. I don't have time to listen to the 'bored' automated voice reading out all the numbers and then for me to choose which ones to delete. It's a good job this is a 'free' service that's all I can say. But as you say improve the service and charge for it seems reasonable.