cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Protect enabled but 1572 not working

FIXED
Maria123

Call Protect enabled but 1572 not working

Like others, this is showing in my list of services as enabled but the phone is saying 

this service cannot be connected.  

The uptick in the number of stupid robo-dialers I have received since Christmas is just insane.  Even in the middle of the night!

I have previously complained to the telephonists about this, but it was never resolved and even so the calls seemed to stop on their own.  Back with a vengeance now!  

6 REPLIES 6
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Call Protect enabled but 1572 not working

Hi @Maria123,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the service. I can see that it's listed on the account, so what I'm going to do is remove it (which will take up to 24 hours to complete) and then add it back onto the account (which will take another 24 hours to complete). Once this has been done I'll check back in with you to see if it's done the trick, but if you have any additional queries in the meantime then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to assist.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Maria123

Thanks.  

I think that is what happened last time, but I didn't follow it up because the seemed to reduce quite a bit.

I think BT previously said the service is set up, but I still get the 'beep beep beep, this service cannot be connected'

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Thanks for letting us know this. I've already begun this process, so hopefully it will do the trick, but if not then there's other options we can look into. This is typically the most successful method of sorting this type of fault out, which is the reason we're trying this first, just in case you were wondering Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Maria123

Thanks, seems to be working now. 

Think I may fill 100 spam phone numbers quite quickly, though hopefully they aren't clever enough to change their numbers every time.  

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Maria123  Unfortunately that is exactly what the Spammers do so Call Protect is more or less useless. The only way to stop them is with a call blocking phone that requires a response from the caller before it rings your phone. Known numbers can be listed to come through normally.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm glad to hear that's done the trick @Maria123 Smiley

Spam callers are horribly persistent so if you do have any future issues with them, it may be worth giving @RealAleMadrid's suggestion a go, though regrettably we're unable to supply call blocking phones ourselves.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team