Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Protect cannot be connected

FIXED
olliebean
Dabbler

Call Protect cannot be connected

I have recently added the Call Protect feature to my account, and it is showing as "Currently active" on the Call Features page of my account. But when I dial 1572, I get a message saying "The service cannot be connected." Is there anything else I need to do to get it working?

31 REPLIES 31
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Call Protect cannot be connected

How recent as I think it takes around 24hrs to fully activate

olliebean
Dabbler

It was a few days ago. On the day I added it, it was showing as something like "in progress," but now it is showing as "Currently active" so it should be working, unless I'm missing another step.

Also - probably related - if I dial 1571, I get a message saying "This line doesn't have a call answering service," although Voicemail is also showing as "Currently active" on my account. (I think it was automatically added when I added Call Protect.)

mort7890
Pro

Have you raised a ticket as a fault

olliebean
Dabbler

Not yet, as I don't need it urgently and I've seen people get similar problems solved by posting here. If I get no joy here, I'll raise a ticket.

mort7890
Pro

Try de-activating it then after a while re-activating it. See if that works, you should get e-mails to confirm.

olliebean
Dabbler

OK, I'll try that. I don't think I got any email to confirm activation the first time.

mort7890
Pro

If you have not got an e-mail then more than likely it was not activated. I have just looked at my e-mails as I had to reset the call protect due to filling the blocked calls up and received e-mail confirmation for removal then re-activation.

olliebean
Dabbler

Having checked my emails, there was definitely something odd going on because I actually had an email confirming deactivation of Voicemail, even though it hadn't previously been active, and according to the website it went from inactive to active. I didn't receive any emails at all about Call Protect.

Just waiting now for everything to be deactivated so I can start again tomorrow.

jwsg
Rising Star

When I tried to add Call Protect I got emails saying

Voicemail would be removed

Voicemail has been removed

Voicemail and Call protect will be removed

Voicemail and Call protect has been removed

I then tried to add Call Protect again and received emails

Call protect will be added

Call protect has been added

Then 1572 began to work

mort7890
Pro

If you have received emails regarding de-activation you will probably not have to wait overnight. Just try activation again to see if you receive confirmation then see if 1572 works

olliebean
Dabbler

I had the email about deactivation when I tried to activate. I haven't had any more yet, and I can't make any more changes at the moment since the website says "You cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone order in progress." So I guess I have to wait until the deactivation is confirmed before trying to activate again.

olliebean
Dabbler

So two days after deactivating the Call Protect and Voicemail services on the website, I've received no email notifications of anything, and the website still says "Awaiting removal" next to those services and won't let me make any other changes in the meantime. It definitely seems like there's a problem, and I guess I'm going to have to raise a ticket after all.

mort7890
Pro

Perhaps you may find @Gandalf or another member of staff will look into it for you

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Fix

Hey @olliebean

Sorry to hear about this ongoing problem, I have now manually placed orders in Openreach systems, please allow up to 24h and get back here/send me PM if that won't work (Please check both numbers and ignore status on member centre as orders were created directly in OR systems). Order was not automatically rejected so it is good indicator. I won't be working during weekend but if you will need further assistance I will be back on Monday.