cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Protect and Call Divert together..?

shadamehr
Hooked

Call Protect and Call Divert together..?

Quick query...

If I make use of Call Protect, but also divert calls to mobile, does Call Protect do it's number checking magic BEFORE passing/diverting the call to my Mobile, if I have call divert set up?

I wish to make use of Call Divert to Mobile, but obviously it's no use to anyone, if so doing, disables all the perceived benefits of Call Protect...

Anyone know for sure therefore, the order of process..?

9 REPLIES 9
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Call Protect and Call Divert together..?

Hi @shadamehr - good question!

I believe that call protect should kick in prior to the call being diverted, but I'm aware that some call features don't work well together. I've raised this question to our products team and we'll be back in touch once they've responded. Unfortunately we don't have a specific timescale for when we'll receive a reply but it should be within the next few days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@EmilyD wrote:

I believe that call protect should kick in prior to the call being diverted,

Instinctively I would have thought that it should work that way, and that it would work that way, but according to this BT help page -

Call Diversion with Call Minder or BT Answer 1571

If you use Call Diversion with either of these services, then Call Diversion will take priority over the handling of the incoming call.

which casts some doubt about how Call Divert works with Call Protect.

I'll be very interested to see the answer to this one.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

If anyone knew the answer to this, I would have expected it would have been you @198kHz

...however thinking about this ... I'd look upon call divert as being a number routing facility and call protect as being an in-bound call on line delivery feature.

Therefore I would expect that call diversion would change the routing of the call ... away for the inbound protection service.

Will be interesting to see what the official answer is.

See post 9 for the answer

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) edited post to removed incorrect info and added link to solution.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@Townman wrote:

If anyone knew the answer to this, I would have expected it would have been you @198kHz

Embarrassed

@Townman  Ah, if only. Back in the day, most likely, but my exchange experience only extended to electro-mechanical and reed relay electronic. Anything concerning current exchange technology is from cooperation and tech chat with colleagues.

@shadamehr wrote:

Quick query...

I've a feeling that it will take some while for the question to filter through the corporate jungle to someone who knows. Wink

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
shadamehr
Hooked

I'm following this thread, even if I don't reply more timely.

So just to say thanks for the comments so far, and I can't believe I actually came up with a question that doesn't appear to have a clear answer just yet...  That's new for me!

Cheers all - hope we get a definitive, or official answer, to salve all our curiosity, in due course.  (Do Staff actually look in on here sometimes?)

Thanks again all!

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@shadamehr wrote:

(Do Staff actually look in on here sometimes?)

It depends on the subject in hand, but overall, yes quite frequently.

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in getting back in touch. I'm still awaiting an answer on this one so I've sent the team a nudge and will let you know when I've received an answer to this. It'll be interesting to learn how call divert and call protect interact with each other! 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience. Our products team have been in touch and have advised the following:

"Call Protect kicks in before Call Divert does. So if the customer has blocked a number, it won't get diverted.

It does interfere a little with the feature that allows you to block the last answered call. So, when someone phones you, you can usually ask Call Protect to block the last number you answered in future. If that call was diverted, and you answered it on the mobile you diverted it to, and then you try to block the last answered number, it'll block the last number you answered from your landline, not the diverted call."

I hope that this clears things up, if anyone has any further queries about this please let me know.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

Thanks @EmilyD -that's good news. Smiley

The proof of the pudding, of course...  Wink

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)