cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Protect and BT call blocker phones

bucksboy
Dabbler

Call Protect and BT call blocker phones

Hi  have just purchased   BT 4006 phone ( tow handsets ) which has a large button to block pest calls. I already have and use Plusnet 1572 call protect and it works well.  I have turned off the phones  answer machine  and will use Plusnet 1571 But can I  still /also use the big button on the phone to instantly put a call into blocked ? Am thinking its all BT so maybe will work ?

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Call Protect and BT call blocker phones

@bucksboy 

I'm not familiar with this model and can't find a manual on line. However call blocker phones normally store the blocked number in their internal memory. So this should work but not the way you think. The blocked number being stored in the phone, not on Plusnet's system.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bucksboy
Dabbler

Thanks Baldric. The phone is B.T 4600 big button ( a Which? Best Buy) the full instruction manual is available on the BT site and also found it on Argos too.

Now had reply from BT help desk ( amazing quick and think helpful) and seems to use the phone Block button you have to have it switched on ( obviously) and the phones answer machine, which is a right rigmarole with callers getting messages and having to say there name  and........cant be messed with all that so have turned that off and am still using Plusnet Call Protect and their answer machine. I just wish it were possible to just hit a block button to say I want to block last call instead of having to dial up 1572. As its a BT phone and BT Plusnet are best mates you would think it possible.....

Baldrick1

@bucksboy 

My advice is scrap call protect and switch to the phones call guardian feature. It's a far better ystem a d not really a faff. Any numbers you put into your phone book get straight through. When other callers ring the first time you have the option to add them to the permitted list so that they will also get through in future. These phones stop all spam calls without you having to do a thing. I have been using an older model for years.

Moderator and Customer

bucksboy
Dabbler

Thanks again Baldrick 1 most helpful I think will give that a try once I have added as many wanted numbers as I can to ensure they get through ok. Am still bit unsure about the answer machine part of the phone do I have to use that too or can I keep with 1571, don't get that many messages anyway and its easy to use? 

The Which? report says ...Easy to use.... maybe for younger folk but this is our first cordless and finding it complicated !

Baldrick1

@bucksboy 

Stick with it and you will soon get the hang of it. Personally I would scrap the 1571 service but if you want to use it you can switch off the BT4600 answerphone, an extract from page 53 of the manual:

bt4600.png

Moderator and Customer