Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Protect Urgent Review

FIXED
pnPhorum
Grafter

Call Protect Urgent Review

IT is BLOOMING time to raise the numbers to AT LEAST 1,000 and give Login access too for MORE control - this is 1/4 of a service, after we give you over £. 1,200 per year with 2 accounts!
It MUST be better, it MUST be FREE, as we already over pay you so BT can SPEND our money on buying Sport !

Lately they are bothering 4-5 times per day with DIFFERENT numbers and we are wasting our life blocking numbers.

Online one can block groups of numbers at OUR pleasure and FOR FREE!

Petition will start soon to FORCE ALL PROVIDERS to open it online and control online FOR FREE!

You have been warned.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: CALL PROTECT URGENT REVIEW

@pnPhorum 

I'm a bit confused regarding your shouty message. I understand that Plusnet call protect is free? 

If you consider that you are paying over the odds for your service then is this because you have not got a contract or have failed to negotiate a decent deal. I am on the 80/20 service with all my calls for considerably less than £600 per year, unless of course you are on a business account.

I don't bother with Plusnet's call blocker, instead I have a BT phone with their built in Trucall/Call Guardian feature. I have not received any unwanted calls for years now.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Go to your account, phone settings and deactivate call protect, leave it for 30 mins or so then reactivate and start again

pnPhorum
Grafter

Thank you for your reply.

I checked it sometime ago and I thought it 'only' works if you are with BT.

- is there anything to pay other than the phone?

Thanks
M

pnPhorum
Grafter

Thanks for your reply, yes I did already know that.

Problem is I am wasting too much time on this and need a better solution than a 'weak free' solution given by mother-ship BT to baby-ship PlusNet.

pnPhorum
Grafter

Re: Call Protect Urgent Review

Regarding capital letters, I must have had caps on while fast typing, as you can see there is also 'It' in  capital letters which does not make sense to capitalize!

pnPhorum
Grafter

Looking around, it seems the Famous BT Call Guardian phones are disappearing from the market.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Fix

@pnPhorum 

BT Call Guardian phones are disappearing because BT have changed the name of their call blocking phones. Look up the BT 4600 phone, this has the same features. Whilst you can buy these from many places if you look them up on the BT Shop website you will find a link to user guide, which descibes its many features.

You need Caller Display activated on your phone line but they work fine on a Plusnet or any other service as all the intelligence is in the phone base unit. Consequently there are no associated service costs.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

pnPhorum
Grafter

Thanks for taking the time.