cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Protect: Is it possible to view and manage my list of blocked callers online?

FIXED
Kryten
Rising Star

Call Protect: Is it possible to view and manage my list of blocked callers online?

Might be useful from time to time to view the list and make adjustments.

14 REPLIES 14
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Call Protect: Is it possible to view and manage my list of blocked callers online?

Fix

PlusNet don't offer any online facility. Strange that BT can do it.Angry

Kryten
Rising Star

Re: Call Protect: Is it possible to view and manage my list of blocked callers online?

Thanks for that RealAle. Just better not make any mistakes then. Presumably one could always delete the list and create a new one.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies that we don't offer an online management system for Call Protect.

We'll take this as feedback and pass it on to the relevant team.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kryten
Rising Star

Well okay, but some sort of system to edit numbers is fairly crucial I would have thought Anoush. For example what happens if a number is added by mistake?

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Glad to see you can add a number as I am having problems with both option 4-2-2 and option 4-4-2, have reported this and told I would need an engineer visit even though it is a software problem. Reported back after engineer visit, who stated he does not do software and it is a problem with PN and BT, and was informed by the operator that these facilities are not supported. When I pointed out that all the other facilties work I was informed that this would be reprted to the back end staff as it is a software problem for which I have been saying for over a week now.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @mort7890,

Coincidentally I was discussing this with a colleague earlier today before I saw your account.

I've now had a read over the fault report and the notes from the engineer and admittedly I'm a little confused.

I see we raised a Calling/Network Feature Fault with our suppliers, where our suppliers later asked us to book an engineer visit to investigate.

I'm going to discuss this further with another colleague, but I think we'll need to get this raised through a different channel for further manual investigation on our suppliers side.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mort7890
Pro

Hi https://community.plus.net/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/29052

When I first complained about this problem I did inform the agent that this was a software problem not an engineer problem. When I explained today to the engineer he said that this was a PN/BT and not openreach problem. When I spoke to the agent this morning he informed me that 1572 does not include these features, when I pointed out about withheld and international being part of the software he assured me that only option 1 is available. I think we got over that problem when I said about option 2 and 3 and also option 1 will not store withheld numbers therfore option 4-3-2 can be switched on/off to stop these, I still think he was unsure.

However if you are still confused contact me on my mobile and I will go through the problem for you and demonstrate it through loudspeaker from my phone as I did on Saturday just before the engineer was booked.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@mort7890 wrote:

However if you are still confused contact me on my mobile and I will go through the problem for you and demonstrate it through loudspeaker from my phone as I did on Saturday just before the engineer was booked.

I'm not disputing the problem exists and I understand from what you've said, when this problem is occurring and what it is preventing.

The thing I'm confused about is why, when we reported a Network/Call feature fault, an engineer would go out and completely disregard the problems with the call feature and simply advise that the line works and then send this back saying the fault has been cleared, despite the problem/fault still being present on the line.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mort7890
Pro

So if you insisted it was a Network/Call Feature Fault then when the booking was taking place why was this not pointed out again and that no engineer was required to check.

When I mentioned this on Saturday I was informed that it was because they wanted another set of ears on the problem even though it was clear what the problem was.

mort7890
Pro

Thought I would update you myself, I received a call yesterday from an unwanted number and when I tried to add this number the same fault occurred, I then tried option 4-2-2 to manually add this number and again with the same result. I then tried to add a VIP number, option 4-4-2 and yes the same problem. So it is still not functioning as it should.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the update. We're still waiting for an update from Openreach, but as soon as we hear back we'll let you know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrSoapsud
Dabbler

@Gandalf wrote:

Apologies that we don't offer an online management system for Call Protect.

We'll take this as feedback and pass it on to the relevant team.

Just wondering whether this feedback has got anywhere over the past 6 months?

Thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm afraid there's still no plans to offer this at this moment in time.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MrSoapsud
Dabbler

That's a shame. I realised yesterday that I'd blocked a number I shouldn't, but I'd no idea when, so I ended up entering it as a VIP number in order to bypass the block. Really poor...

Martin