cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Protect - I don't think you have thought this through Plusnet.

Daisybank
Grafter

Call Protect - I don't think you have thought this through Plusnet.

Receiving the Price increase email today, Plusnet tell me that I can have Call Protect for free. Here: https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/plusnet-call-protect they tell me that "It automatically blocks calls from Plusnet’s list of known nuisance callers" - which sounds like the sort of thing we all want, right?

However, checking in these forums, there is a suggestion that the automatic block (Option 1) will block BOTH callers from a known Plusnet Blacklist AND numbers that it doesn't recognise - which concerns me that it will block calls from Health Professionals who, in my neck of the woods, all show up with the same CLID.

The email arrives from Plusnet to confirm that I now have my new Call protect services set up and in that email, it usefully provides me a link for more information: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/stop-nuisance-calls/ - except that is now completely the WRONG info for folk if have just setup the call protect service.

So I call 1572 and OPTION 1 tells me that if I select it, it will block calls “based on your communication providers recommendation”.

So, precisely, what is my "Communication Providers recommendation"?

Is it:

A. Block all calls from Plusnet's (BT's) list of known spammers ONLY

OR

B. Block all calls from Plusnet's (BT's) list of known spammers AND UK calls with no CLID, International Calls with no CLID and calls with shared CLID's (like from Councils, Social Services, Medical facilities etc).

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Call Protect - I don't think you have thought this through Plusnet.

I'm not 100% sure of the answer, so I'm chasing that up for you. As soon as I get a reply I'll let you know.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Call Protect - I don't think you have thought this through Plusnet.

I've been advised this is just the blacklist (option A). however if you do find any calls are being incorrectly sent to the junk voicemail you can add them to your VIP list: The VIP list allows you to select up to 50 numbers to override your diverted list. For example, if you’ve blocked international numbers but have family abroad, you can add them to your VIP list, so they’ll still get through to you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.