cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Plan change not actioned

ChrisKent
Hooked

Call Plan change not actioned

I was meant to have had a call plan change from Talk Anytime to Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls at the beginning of last month in addition to a broadband product change. The broadband product change happened but not the call plan change. I was assured it would happen on this month's billing date (now passed) but it isn't showing on my dashboard and it's not showing as an available product if I try to change my plan manually.

This is getting rather frustrating as although I was promised a goodwill gesture because I didn't get the benefit of Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls from the date I was promised it looks like this is stretching into another billing period.

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisKent
Hooked

Re: Call Plan change not actioned

I'm quite at a loss what to say about the email I've just received. I'm really beginning to think Plusnet have lost it, although I hope they do backdate the change :). I'm slightly worried about the monthly cost as it looks like it includes line rental. Since I have Line Rental Saver until mid December I hope I don't get charged line rental, they've already tried that with my broadband product change.

Plusnet 070321.png

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Apologies for the issues you’ve had. The latest email you’ve received was on the back of me putting through the call plan change from our side just before I logged off for the night, planning to follow up tomorrow.

It’s disappointing to see the date shown is in the past though. I’ve seen this before and it normally goes one of three ways, the change happens within 24 hours, it goes through on the next bill date as it should do or the call plan change doesn’t complete at all. 

If it’s the third scenario, don’t fear I’ve got another idea. Smiley

I’ve hopefully (he says quietly) fixed line rental saver though so you shouldn’t be charged line rental for the remainder of the period you’ve paid this to us. 

Feel free to use your phone as if you’ve got your new call plan and I’ll credit any call charges that should be inclusive so you won’t have to pay them. 

I’ll check back first thing tomorrow morning. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ChrisKent
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf, at least my dashboard is now showing the Unlimited UK & Mobile calls I was hoping to see, plus it's no longer showing line rental as a chargeable item. I spoke to CS a couple of days ago about the line rental charged on my February and March bills and got an email generated by that call acknowledging the refunded amounts, followed by another notifying me of one month's worth of refund, so things are gradually getting there.

BTW ICYMI it was BD who promised to sort out my March bill for calls that would have been inclusive if the change had happened last month as it was meant to.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Ah good news, I'm happy to see your new call plan's now showing as active.

You'll receive further automated emails within 24-48 hours to confirm additonal refunds for the remaining overcharges. 

We'll keep an eye on your next bill in April to make sure everything's sorted moving forward.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet