cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Plan, Rental Saver & Caller ID

blahblah
Grafter

Call Plan, Rental Saver & Caller ID

The panel is confusing/conflicting. Mine says "Talk Anytime" but doesn't list "0870/0845" numbers (also at any time) as being included. I had to go hunting around the site to confirm they are included... still not clear from (1) but definitely stated in (2)
(1) https://portal.plus.net/home-broadband/tariffs/
(2) https://portal.plus.net/home-broadband/
Why oh why isn't the request for line-rental-saver integrated into the order process?!
After initial enquiries, before placing my order, I was convinced I get to keep the *same* features as I currently had with BT and that included caller ID. Now I discover it's an "extra". In addition I'm fairly certain that this has been a standard feature provided by BT for some time to combat spam calls.
While I'm here I may as well point out that my "unlimited fibre BB + any-time plan" was discovered on Wednesday not to be correct (set to "essentials") and, I suspect as a result, my speeds are way below estimates. All this reported ~36hrs ago and still no response.   
21 REPLIES 21
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Call Plan, Rental Saver & Caller ID

Hi blahblah,
I've linked to the inclusive calls that are included in our call packages on our website, http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/package-guides/phone#inclusive-calls I hope that helps confirm that you get the 0870 and 0845 numbers included.
I can see that you've since added the line rental saver option, it's not something at the moment that is currently built into the order journey if you're a existing customer.
Regarding your speeds I've checked over your line and can see that your currently below your line estimate. I'd suggest running through the checks at http://faults.plus.net and let me know when you've done that and I'll get this picked up straight away.
Chris
blahblah
Grafter

Hi Chris and thanks for the reply...
Quote from: chrispurvey
Regarding your speeds I've checked over your line and can see that your currently below your line estimate. I'd suggest running through the checks at http://faults.plus.net and let me know when you've done that and I'll get this picked up straight away.

I started the fault checker but then stop when, based on the current sync speeds, I checked and found I am not on the "unlimited" package that I signed up for. AFAIU the package dictates sync speed, ie, I can't get much greater than 16M because my sync-speed/profile is set to 20M... and I won't get anywhere near estimates until I'm put on the correct "unlimited" package. Correct?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Not correct
The only ones where the package affects things are Fibre where there are two variants 40/10 and 80/20 and speeds of 20Mb are well below either package
ADSL has the same speeds regardless of the package
blahblah
Grafter

Thanks for the info but I'm talking about fibre (I do mention this in the first post)
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Read the second line again
The only ones where the package affects things are Fibre where there are two variants 40/10 and 80/20 and speeds of 20Mb are well below either package
blahblah
Grafter

Sorry, you mentioning ADSL threw me. So, I'm correct in thinking package dictates speeds. What's incorrect is the profile/s set for my line...
Download speedachieved during the test was - 16.41 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-21.04 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 21.04 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.66Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 2 Mbps
PS: It's always good to have someone else chip in. However my point was that an issue submitted via the formal route has not been addressed.
jim:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your line speed estimate is 36/Mb/s so if you're on essentials you should still be receiving that speed, if you can compete the faults checker then I'll take this further.
You're currently on Essentials, I'm guessing you wanting to be on Unlimited? Let me know and I'll get that changed over if you want. The difference will be usage and not speeds for you by switching.
The 21.04 Mbps profile you have got is because that's what your current speed is syncing around.
I'll get your ticket picked up too.
blahblah
Grafter

Your line speed estimate is 36/Mb/s so if you're on essentials you should still be receiving that speed, if you can compete the faults checker then I'll take this further.

Done
You're currently on Essentials, I'm guessing you wanting to be on Unlimited? Let me know and I'll get that changed over if you want. The difference will be usage and not speeds for you by switching.

Yes please, I signed up for "unlimited" not "essentials".
The 21.04 Mbps profile you have got is because that's what your current speed is syncing around.

So it's a fault? I got the impression from other posts that limits may be applied by PN.
I'll get your ticket picked up too.

Thanks.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I tried to call your mobile and landline, I need to arrange an engineer appointment. We have a slot for tomorrow 8am-1pm or 1pm-6pm if that is any good for you?
You have a IP profile which BT set and we also apply one to your line, the one you have posted is the BT one.
You're also on unlimited too.
blahblah
Grafter

I tried to call your mobile and landline, I need to arrange an engineer appointment. We have a slot for tomorrow 8am-1pm or 1pm-6pm if that is any good for you?

1pm to 6pm would be great, thanks. Sorry I missed your call, rung back but no answer. Please confirm if that slot is free.
You have a IP profile which BT set and we also apply one to your line, the one you have posted is the BT one.

Where do a find the PN one?
You're also on unlimited too.

Thanks!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

blahblah
Grafter

Thanks for the link Jim. Should "Current line speed"/"sync speed" (37M) be the same as that reported by the BT checker (21M when I checked earlier)?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Rounded down to the next 100kbps so an IP profile of  4130kbps would generate a Plusnet number of 4.1Mbps
The answer is that it should but until a delta report is received it is set to a default which in this case appears to be 37Mbps
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's booked in for you tomorrow afternoon.
Let us know how it goes.