cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forwarding

Tricki

Call Forwarding

Hi Guys,
We have call forwarding from our home telephone to a mobile number. We never use the home phone (in or out going calls) only our mobiles to make calls, however I am getting charges on my account. Am I right in thinking Plusnet are charging to forward the call and charge me for the call duration too?
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Call Forwarding

Yes, there is a charge for Call Divert and you are charged for the diverted part of the call if applicable as per this link.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Tricki

Thanks for the links
narges

Hi Tricki

Would you please explain how you forward your calls? I can't find any instruction!
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Welcome to the forum.  Smiley

One of this ISP's USPs is their knack of making things hard to find, rivalling the Vogons' planning application to create a hyperspace bypass by destroying the earth.

The information is secreted here -

https://www.plus.net/help/phone/call-features/

Click on 'How do I use call features', then scroll down, down, then further down, until eventually you reach 'Call Divert'.

Mind the leopard! Wink

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Mav
Fixes: 515

Bare in mind that there are some '\' characters in those instructions which should be ignored.

See here.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Jugglingj

We're moving shortly and our landline (serviced by Plusnet) will be disconnected.  Does that prevent a call divert being set up?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello Tricki

When a call divert is active, your landline will dial your mobile in order to route the call to the specified mobile number. If you do not have a call package with mobiles included, you would be charged for each call diverted.  You can contact our Customer support on 0800 432 0200 to discuss our call plans, or view them through the member centre.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@SammyM You answered a question that is nearly two years old, that has already been answered, but you ignored a new customers question.

I am sure you want to get your post count up, but you need to pay a little more attention.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @Jugglingj

Many apologies for missing your post.

If you leave us and we no longer provide your phone line, you'll need to contact your new provider to setup call divert on their side. Whilst we're still providing your line,  we'll be happy to provide call divert.

The call feature can be added to your account online here.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Rather than paying the charges for diverting calls I'd suggest it might save money in the long run by buying a cheap answerphone and leave a message on it giving the number to call - after set up there is no on-going cost.

(With a divert it costs you money each time a scammer (a.k.a. "Microsoft Support") calls you - I'd find that pretty annoying!)

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)