Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Features - help please

FIXED
Parsley
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Call Features - help please

A few weeks ago Openreach had to come out to reconnect our landline after I suddenly realised the scam calls had stopped, following his visit I realised that Caller ID had stopped working.  On 3 February I went into the call features to make sure it was activated which it was and whilst I was in there I requested Plusnet Call Protect and Voicemail.

I have now made 4 phone calls to Plusnet and got nowhere, apart from the Caller ID still not working Voicemail and Plusnet Call Protect are still showing "Awaiting Activation" 10 days later, I'm sure there's something not right with the line, is there someone there who can help please?

16 REPLIES 16
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Call Features - help please

Can’t change product message

It is not possible to make further changes to an account whilst some changes are still in progress. This notice will be displayed when...

1. A change has been made to an account which is due to happen on the next billing date, such as a change in broadband service or telephone call plan
  2. A change to service (typically phone service options) awaiting confirmation of activation from BT Openreach

For the first of these, the message will disappear after the next billing date. For the second, intervention by a staff member will be required to check that the changes made within Plusnet's systems have been confirmed within BT Openreach's systems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Parsley,

Really sorry for the issues you've had.

I've updated the call features on your account so that voicemail and call protect should work and show as active. Regarding caller display, I've tested your line and the tests aren't showing any issues with this.

Are you able to get your hands on a different phone handset just to rule things out?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Parsley
Dabbler

I've been told every time that voicemail and plusnet call protect should only take 2-3 days to go active, they're free services so I don't think I should have to wait until the next billing date.

Tags (1)
Parsley
Dabbler

I have tried a separate handset, that didn't work either, there were no issues with the caller id being displayed before the line got disconnected either.

Parsley
Dabbler

Pleased to report that the voicemail is now working, I can't check Call Protect but hope that is as well, however, the Caller ID is still not working I'll just have to put up with it as I can't be bothered to keep ringing and getting nowhere.  Thank you for sorting 2 of the 3 problems out for me though.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If you dial *#234# from your landline phone, what do you hear?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Parsley
Dabbler

It tells me that caller id is activated.  This only happened when the phone line got disconnected so I just can't help thinking it's due to that.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah possibly, let me try turning it off then back on as that normally fixes things when something goes wrong with caller display. Might take an hour or so.

(edit)

Caller display's been re-added, hopefully it works now?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Parsley
Dabbler

No, still says "external call" unfortunately.

Parsley
Dabbler

Just realised that I might not have given it enough time, I'll try again after lunch!

Parsley
Dabbler

Just tried it and it still says "external call".

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for giving it a go.

I've logged a fault with Openreach for you, so we can investigate further. I've also created ticket 231717077 on your account, which we'll use to keep track of this.

In the meantime, if you're able to try using a different micro-filter and/or can try plugging your landline phone into the "test socket" without your router plugged in, that may help narrow things down.

There's a guide here if you're unsure how to access the test socket.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Parsley
Dabbler

I've plugged both phones into the test socket but caller id still didn't work, hopefully Openreach will be able to sort the problem out.  Many thanks for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like an engineer has fixed the problem today by removing the unused legacy broadband equipment at the exchange. Is caller display working now?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet