Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Features Mess

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Call Features Mess

Can anyone from Plusnet help me out please?
About a week ago I put in an order through your website to add Call Diversion and Caller ID to my line (already having Voicemail) I've rung in a few times now. As there seemed to be a problem getting Call Diversion added and I'm not really bothered about it anymore I agreed on my last call to just have Caller ID added. So I should have Caller ID and Voicemail on my line now. The thing is I just noticed my voicemail has been removed and I'm not sure if Caller ID has been removed too as I haven't received any calls recently.
Please could someone take a look for me and ensure that I have Caller ID and Voicemail on my line? Things just seem to be getting more complicated and messy and I'm starting to be transferred from pillar to post in long queues on the phone not making any progress.
12 REPLIES 12
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Call Features Mess

I find the Home Phone Control Panel really good, have you checked on there ?
jimbo121
Dabbler

Hi, just ring your phone from another number and look to see if this call has been logged on your land line
southerner
Aspiring Pro

Thanks. The problem is generally I'm finding what's on my home phone control panel as far as call features goes doesn't necessarily represent what is on my line at the time. I've managed to get Caller ID active now but I'm still trying to get voicemail added back as for some reason yesterday it was removed even though it's shown as active in my home phone control panel throughout :-?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Although I appreciate you've been on the phone today and been told to wait until later this evening, I'm not particularly happy that it's just a case of waiting.
I've checked the order and in my opinion, it looks like it may be stuck on our suppliers systems and not progressing correctly.
I'll be giving our suppliers a call shortly to try and find out what's happening with that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
southerner
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Harry. I have to admit I didn't hold out much hope of my voicemail reappearing this evening. If you could get it resolved for me and save me from calling in again tonight I would appreciate it.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

There's no need to give us a call this evening.
Notes from my call with the Openreach SMC.
Harry from PlusNet called for an update. Advised CP that there is an exception in the order and it would clear in next 24 working hours as the order is not yet built in css. Please review the tracker on 05/10/2015.  

Unfortunately it's not likely to be tonight, but should hopefully be working on Monday.
EDIT: An exception is basically a term used by our suppliers for a system related issue that prevents an order from progressing
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
southerner
Aspiring Pro

Ok, thanks for trying, hopefully it might resolve.
I've been trying to sort the call features out for a week today now and so am starting to lose hope.
southerner
Aspiring Pro

Still no voicemail. I don't understand why it's so difficult to restore it. I never asked for it to be removed in the 1st place.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I do apologise for any inconvenience this is causing, however as per my previous post.
Quote from: HarryB
Notes from my call with the Openreach SMC.
Harry from PlusNet called for an update. Advised CP that there is an exception in the order and it would clear in next 24 working hours as the order is not yet built in css. Please review the tracker on 05/10/2015.  

Unfortunately it's not likely to be tonight, but should hopefully be working on Monday.
EDIT: An exception is basically a term used by our suppliers for a system related issue that prevents an order from progressing
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
southerner
Aspiring Pro

Still no voicemail. Just checked.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Instead of progressing your order to completion as I was advised on 02/10/15, our suppliers seem to have cancelled it instead.
I've got a new order in place and I'll be keeping an eye on this to check it actually progresses as it should.
EDIT: Voicemail should now be active on your line.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
southerner
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for sorting this out for me Harry. It's working now.