cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Divert

bonham01

Call Divert

Hi Everyone,

I have call divert set up as a package on my home line. I have read the instructions on activating and deactivating call divert, but I need to do if I know if I can enable or disable it remotely. If I am not at home I would like the facility to knock it on or off from my mobile.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Ian

11 REPLIES 11
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Call Divert

Ok I checked another thread, so:

Have a look at the first post in this link, which may do what you want.

bonham01

Hi Alex,

That is the page I read, regarding controlling it from your land line it's self. It doesn't cover remote activation or deactivation, which was what my question was about.

Thanks for trying though.

Ian

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Ok sorry if I've confused everything here, but I would assume with the phone control panel you can login remotely?

bonham01

Nope, just buy the feature. That's fine, I purchased it and it's activated as a feature, but it doesn't allow you to control the actual enable or disable, or change the destination number remotely.

For example, if my mobile battery was going, and I needed to change the divert to a different number, or just switch divert off entirely, I would like to do that from a line other than my fixed landline. I wouldn't be using call divert if I was at home, so I'd be wanting to access it remotely to change the settings.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Given this is all delivered over core BT technology - take a look at this and see if it works - https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10658/~/featureline%3A-remote-call-diversion...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

That's a facility which is part of 'Featureline', a BT business product which is essentially a 'virtual PBX'.

The OP's requirement would be met with Smart Divert, again a BT business product, applicable to single lines.

Perhaps a PN staffer could tell us whether this would be available to the OP if he were to change his line from 'Residential' to 'Business'?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @bonham01.

I'm afraid call divert can only be managed from your phone (Unless it's added as part of a fault report and we're specifying the number to divert to on your behalf)

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

@198kHz, Our business call package call features are the same as our residential call features, with the exception of call protect/choose to refuse, which are not offered on business lines.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@HarryB  Thanks for info.

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
MymsMan
Dabbler

One would think that remote call diversion was a basic requirement for all users (not just businesses) yet AFAIK no supplier offers it as even a priced option for residential customers.

It would be a Unique Selling Point for any supplier that was able to implement it.

bonham01

Erm, so I need to be AT HOME to divert to another number that is NOT at my home?

We work this logic how?

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@bonham01  As far as I'm aware that's always been the case with any CP/ISP, unless you're a BT Business customer with deep pockets -

in which case Smart Divert will be available as mentioned in Message#7.

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)