cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Display not working

Davebythesea

Call Display not working

Hi, Plusnet informed me that my Caller Display was working. I have followed the instructions including purchasing a cheap alternative phone.I have the following mesage on both "Caller identies will not be displayed". I have tried to contact "CHAT ON LINE" and the SERVICE NUMBER", The Chat on Line was always busy and telephone wait time was upto 40 minutes. BOTH UNACCEPTABLE. Anticipate finding another provider when contract ends.

Can a anyone help

Many thanks from Davebythesea

6 REPLIES 6
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Call Display not working

See https://www.plus.net/help/phone/call-features/ You will need to login to your account
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Davebythesea

Thanks for getting in touch.

There's a couple of things here that might help.

Firstly, I've double-checked and Caller Display is definitely active on your line.

Secondly, if you dial #234# does your phone say that Caller Display is enabled or disabled? The menu on #234# will give you the option to enable the service if applicable.

Lastly, if your handset confirms that Caller Display is enabled, I would recommend plugged it directly into the test socket of your premises as shown below:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

This will help to identify whether any of the connection elements of your current set up (microfilter, faceplate etc) are preventing the feature from working.

If all of the above fails, let us know and we'll raise a fault on your behalf.

Best wishes,

Dave

daveplus
Pro

Hi Daves

My Caller ID works fine but when I enter #234# it says that it is not. Also, the Home Phone Control Panel shows it as off.

Thought you should know.

Dave

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@daveplus,

If you've done as stated, then your experience is exactly as should be expected!!

@RandallFlagg wrote:

Secondly, if you dial #234# does your phone say that Caller Display is enabled or disabled? The menu on #234# will give you the option to enable the service if applicable.

The code above is the code to DISABLE CLI.  That code does not offer a menu to choose settings from.  See here for details of how to manage CLI. Dave probably meant *#234# which does as described - advises of the state of the service if the service is active, or reports the service is not available if it has not been activated.

@Davebythesea,

On joining Plusnet, did you move a like for like service or did you upgrade from ADSL to FTTC?  Who did you move from?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daveplus
Pro

Thanks

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

I did, @Townman - Thanks Cheesy