Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Blocking (2)

FIXED
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Call Blocking (2)

I have installed call protect but it is failing to block a nuisance call I am getting both day and night on my landline.

Does call blocker only work with landline calls.

The number I am trying to block is a mobile....07946013254

It's a silent call, I have called back ( which costs me money) but the call goes unanswered.

Please take the necessary steps to block this number.

Thank you

We are born into history and history is born into us.
15 REPLIES 15
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Call Blocking (2)

Hi @gleneagles, thanks for your post.

You should be able to add the number to your personal blacklist, by accessing the Call Protect menu - we're not able to block a specific number from our end.

Are you receiving an error message when you try to add the number, or does it say that it's added but then you still receive the calls?

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

Yes it says it's added but they are still getting through.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @gleneagles,

Does it only happen with that particular number or did you find that it happened with other numbers?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

I only added call protect a few days ago as it was unnecessary to block any past unwanted calls, sure we get them about one a month, picked up on the ansaphone and they do not usually bother calling again but never had this many calls both day and night, by night I mean 2am - 5am.

Sure I could unplug the phone at night but what if someone needs to contact me urgently.

I have given you the number of the mobile in question...07946013254

Checking on who has called me it shows this is a EE mobile.

I do find it odd that as a phone provider yourself you cannot contact EE and report this matter to them.

As I see it I will have to purchase a new phone with a call blocker to deal with this, not the cheapest solution but what else can I do ?

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for your response @gleneagles,

I have raised this issue with out suppliers to look into. We will continue to monitor for updates from them and if we are able to provide an update sooner than this we will do so.

You can check the fault ticket I raised for you from here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

Thank you for your response.

I accept you cannot provide a specific date of when or even if this matter can be resolved but as you can imagine  I am not willing to put up with it for more than a few more days and will purchase a new phone with a call blocker if it is not resolved in that time.

I do appreciate your attempt to deal with this which of course is now in the hands of others.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I completely understand your frustration @gleneagles,

We expect an update from our suppliers anytime within the next 72 hours.

Thank you for your patience

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

Just had a phone call from a openreach engineer to say he had been advised there was a problem with my phone line.

Explained there was nothing wrong with my phone line, the problem was that PN call blocker was failing to block this specific number so said he would look into it.

Looking at the ticket raised it seems very short on information sent to openreach unless additional info has been added.

Update....Further call from openreach to say this should not have been passed on to them and you may need to reset my phoneline.

Please keep me informed of what action is being taken

Thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to see that gleneagles. Call protect is a service provided for us via Openreach so we do need their help to investigate such matters. 

I'll make suere the fault is cleared back to them and that further investigation is needed. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

Thank you.

Can you ensure they are provided with the full information in respect of the fact this had already been passed on to them along with the reasons why.

I do not want to get stuck between openreach and PN with each saying it's up to the other to sort out.

The calls from this number are still being made.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sure, it's a shame that the engineer was misinformed on this but yes wev'e passed notes on specifically mentioning the issue as you've described it to us. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

I am pleased to say there have been no further calls from this number over the past 24 hours.

Either they have ceased calling or some form of action has been taken to block them.

I will give it a further 24 hours and if no calls are recieved will mark this topic as fixed.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Fix

That's great to hear @gleneagles

Please keep us posted regarding this issue. 

Kind Regards

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

No further calls so far.

Will marked as fixed.

Thank you for your help.